LCE

www.lce.com
  www.lce.com
There are newer employer reviews for LCE

Best company I have ever worked at

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Privately owned with family atmosphere. I have wored at many companies and none have ever made me feel as part of the corporate family. I feel very confortable having a conversation with the executive leadership and they really do care about who I am and how I am doing.

Cons

Smaller company and benefits are not as good as some of the larger companies. Compared to companies of its size the benefits are really good.

Keep doing what you are doing. Engage employees, listen, and act on employees concerns. The employees are the guts of the company and if they are engaged the company will continue to grow

18 Other Employee Reviews for LCE (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm still fairly new but the culture shift from my old company to this one has been huge. I've received more training here in a few months than I had received any of my previous companies during my entire tenure at each. They not only encourage training - they push firmly for it. This importance of education speaks volumes for their culture and ethic. Most of the benefits are comparable to other companies in the same industry.

Cons

Health benefits are costly and have large deductables if you're using a family plan. However, if you're an individual it's very, very good. Cost for family plan is comparable to that of getting a policy on your own from SC - BCBS.

Tuition reimbursement could improve. Compared to my previous companies who cover the 100% up to 8k ($5250 is tax deductable per year, anything over is taxed - this is per government regulation) - LCE only covers 70% of a max value of $7500.

Vacation time is a bit less than where I came from. It takes 5 years to receive any extra time off which is a substantial downside for me.

On the flipside - I believe these concerns are all being actively addressed by HR according to conversations I've had with them earlier in the year - so perhaps we'll have a more positive scenario by next year.

Excellent Opportunity!

Current Employee - Applied Technology Group in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Applied Technology Group in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great employee-centric culture....good benefits, continuing professional development, promote from within & low turnover. Strong communications between all levels or the company. Applied Technology Group is experiencing excellent strategic growth and phenomenal opportunity.

Cons

Company is growing and with it comes the challenge of change. Management & employee committess are in place to manage change....but it is not real-time.

Continue focusing on employees, they are the key to long term success.
    More integrated efforts between business units could provide exponentially improved returns.

There are newer employer reviews for LCE