There are newer employer reviews for LG Consulting

Started Off Well, But Company Needs Some Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LG Consulting

Pros

--Friendly atmosphere in office
--Good communication among peers
--Moderately good benefits package
--Enjoyable team building activities

I was really excited to join the LG team and found the staff to be wonderful when I began my job: friendly atmosphere, promise of career growth, modest benefits that I was told would increase as LG grew.

Cons

--Lack of communication from executives
--Not much in-office training
--Management is not straightforward in sharing company information with employees that we need to do our jobs.

Alot of the promises made at the beginning of my hire did not happen. No training, benefits have not improved, and there has not been opportunity to advance much. Management has not been clear about recent company activities involving a harassment complaint filed with the equal opportunity commission, which has left me having to answer questions from outside agents that I don't feel I am qualified to answer without more information from the exec team. General feeling of secrecy from management team that is not appreciated.

Keep your staff in the loop about what is going on between the company and the community and your former employees so that we can do our jobs more effectively.

13 Other Employee Reviews for LG Consulting (View Most Recent)

Very good firm. Owners are honest, hardworking and have all the right intentions

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LG Consulting

Pros

It's a no bs place to work. straight, open communication. recruiting is not for everyone. it's hard work and you have to be smart and tenacious. LG gives you every chance to make as much money as you want. finally have a good model in place and a clear plan moving forward. Great guys who own the firm who actually generate a substantial amount of revenue vs. sitting in an office giving orders.

Cons

They've hired terrible people in the past that shouldn't be in this industry in the first place. Thank god all those people are gone. I'm not surprised by some of the comments because it's by former employees who were completely dishonest, horrible employees, or were scheming against management to rip them off and take trade secrets with them.

Management's plan has been seriously faulted in the past trying to make the leap from staff-aug to pure professional services and hired a guy who was an absolute bust. Came in talking big game but in the end it was all talk and zero production.

Owners are bag carrying, revenue generating guys so you don't get as much hands on attention, but they've added some additional staff to help out.

Hopefully your worst hires are in the past. I almost left because of some of these folks. Keep on point and make the slow transition to professional services. You know every executive in town.

Good and Bad

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at LG Consulting

Pros

-Good co-workers and environment at the time (most no longer there though)
    -Used to be able to make good money, though this apparently has changed
    -They used to have exceptional recruiters

Cons

-Management refers to employees as chess pieces on a chess board, and treat people poorly when they leave

Do a better job of treating people well when they leave. Put some processes or training in place (this was non-existant)

There are newer employer reviews for LG Consulting