There are newer employer reviews for LG Mobile Phones

Great People not so great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at LG Mobile Phones

Pros

The people who work for this company are very good it's just too bad that mid managers don't show appreciation to their team members.

Cons

Management does not reconize the employees efforts. HR does not help the team members they only do what makes them look good in the eyes of upper management. Too many programs that are tailored to make HR look good and not really help the employees. Upper management needs to listen to employees not just the supervisors/mid managers.

Work with team members not just supervisors. HR does not understand the needs of the employees. Take notice of what competition is doing and if you want to be #1 in America then listen to what your people are telling you not what Korea is tell you to do.

31 Other Employee Reviews for LG Mobile Phones (View Most Recent)

LG-Life's Gone

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at LG Mobile Phones

Pros

Great Colleagues
    Good Perks (ie starbucks etc)
    You are trusted with a lot of responsibility
    You learn a lot from your experiences

Cons

No work life balance
    Communication is poor
    Most communication is done in Korean which makes your job much more difficult
    Too much work, very little play
    Many employees are burned out

The communication channel needs reflect the local language, especially upstream.
    Change the "work you to death" culture
    Incorporate work life balance goals or programs

Life's NOT good at LG

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LG Mobile Phones

Pros

If you are a full time regular employee the benefits are pretty decent: Health, Dental, Gym, Phone reimbursement. They do provide free breakfast every Friday.

Cons

Everyone is overworked and stressed. They do not hire enough people to handle the workload. LG tends to hire temps for about a year at a time and use them until they either quit, or their term is up. This results in employees that don't know what they're doing, and dissatisfied employees at that.

I work in a department where half the employees are temps, and we know full well we will not be hired on. The workload is huge, exhausting, and management fails miserably at rewarding us for our hard work. Instead, we are micromanaged. My supervisor makes me outline daily what I've done, and how long each task took. Everything we do is logged, to the point that we spend 60% of our time logging what we did instead of actually doing our jobs.

I used to stay late daily, but stopped because it wasn't worth it. I've had two panic attacks and several migraines since starting at LG, and gained ten pounds from stress eating/drinking. My supervisor has caused me and my coworker both to break down crying in meetings. My coworker has been known to stay til 9pm and work on weekends, and doesn't even always put it on her timecard because management makes her feel guilty for not getting her work done in eight hours. This coworker will also be discarded once her one year term is up.

Another coworker, also a temp, was invited for an interview to become permanent in the company. HR then called him the day before the interview and cancelled it, saying he was no longer qualified because they decided he needed a degree, which he didn't have, to do the job he was already doing.

Based on what I've heard around the office, the only people that are happy here are the Koreans, because it is a Korea based company. The rest of us are forced to be excluded from conversations during company meals because they are speaking in Korean, and can't read half the emails sent.

I also have a supervisor who has repeatedly asked who I am dating the entire six months that I have been with the company. Not quite harassment, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

Overall, I'm very unhappy at LG and have requested that my temp agency move me... unfortunately by the time I get home after work I'm too exhausted and stressed to even think about trying to find a new job.

Hire more employees and examine your managers--exactly how useful are they?

There are newer employer reviews for LG Mobile Phones

Worked for LG Mobile Phones? Contribute to the Community!