LHC Group

www.lhcgroup.com
  www.lhcgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for LHC Group

Manager Instructional Designer

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is patient care focus and a leader in the industry. The employees are supported and supportive. It is a true pleasure to work with this organization.

Cons

I can't think of any cons related to working with this organization.

78 Other Employee Reviews for LHC Group (View Most Recent)

Poor Dishonest Management who've lost numerous great staff to competitors by intimidation and bully tactics.

Current Employee - Georgia
    Current Employee - Georgia

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

*Have other co-workers to talk to who feel the same way about the management bullying and intimidation tactics used by some branch locations.
    * Getting a paycheck which is sad because the whole reason I took a career in homecare is to care for patients in need of care.
    *Wonderful field staff... What's left of them.

Cons

*Oh where to begin, horrible management at branch location, actually the worst ever experienced. Some branch managers have a god complex and uses inappropriate intimidation tactics with staff.
    *Every branch is run completely different even though LHC has policies across the board.
    *Employees are bullied or feard into not taking issues to corporate from location management. Ive watched many staff contact corporate when not resolved at branch and eventually wrote up by branch for childish things and then fired. So many field staff see this practice used and they quit before being fired. Many excellent long time field staff of all disciplines have left to work for competitors due to branch location tactics and complaint cover ups which lead to no corporate support for the person who sent in the very valid ligitamite complaint.
    *If your looking for office support in a branch then I'd suggesting to keep on walking if you don't fall over from the many knives in your back as you walk by. There are a few branches in the area that thrive off starting drama and gossip instead of working to obtain community respect. If you love gossip and drama you will fit right in...if you don't then beware cause you will be a target.
    *Branch location supports slackers, dishonest employees, and poor performers because they know those kind of staff will lie anytime it's needed to help destroy a good honest worker. Branch location is scared of staff who do the right thing for fear of eventually getting caught for legitimate complaint cover ups.
    *Continous turnover with middle management positions resulting in poor location management that in turn leads to growth issues and corrupted office locations who run as they choose too.
    *So many issues swept under the rug by location management that I care to mention.
    *Watching office support to busy with IM, texting, whispering as staff walk by making many feel uncomfortable and deciding who's next to pick on or gossip about I've come to believe is a office job requirments.
    *The office moral really shows in the field staff. No appreciation is ever given for great care provided by the field staff team.
    *I've seen corporate policies that have been re-worded or additional information added and made up that is not part of the policy so that when presented to staff its percieved in a way that benifits the BM location when it's actually intimidation that's made up to keep staff in fear of their jobs.
    *Best advice I could give is to speak with others in the community prior to working for a specific branch if you can. This will save a lot of stress and hard work in the long run.

*Take the time to investigate and re-investigate complaints made by staff to corporate and you will find out these employees have legitimate complaints and trying to help the company and the reputation in the community. These emloyees suffer loss of visits, bully attitudes and intimidation from branch while trying to do what's best for the patients.
    *When you see a declined growth, patients switching companies, referral sources switching companies in a location take a close look at those staff complaints submitted to the corporate compliance department. Everything is not always poor field staff care or weak sales force as you always hear from the branch. Especially if there's been numerous field staff or sales staff replacements in the area and still a declining location. Obviously there is a problem in the branch.

Changed Greatly in past few years...

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Autonomy, good direct supervisor who actually cares what we think and passes things to upper management

Cons

Don't be a traveler for the company, have to use Expedia which is terrible, and nobody in home office cares as they rarely travel and I'm sure don't have to be subjected to substandard accomodations. Senior Management out of touch with everyday operations. Keith Myers should check on what his Senior Managers are demanding and how they are demanding...
    Sales force is abysmal, inefficient, ineffective, yet paid and bonused well.

START OVER with the Sales Force and hire "hungry" sales staff, not those just here to collect a paycheck. They should know WHAT we do and how we do it, so they can represent the company better. Stated corporate culture is not being followed by those in Senior Management, shame on them.

There are newer employer reviews for LHC Group