Great place to grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LIN Media full-time

Pros

The management is extremely knowledgeable and you have the opportunity to learn a lot. You are given a lot of responsibilities and able to express ideas/changes to the company. This is a great place to start your career or grow your current one.

Cons

They can micro-manage a bit sometimes. But usually not too bad.

Other Reviews for LIN Media

It's a job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at LIN Media

Pros

Television in Austin, TX, is a fun industry to work in various capacities. KXAN has a colorful cast of characters and has always had the potential to do great things.

Cons

KXAN often struggles to keep up with the competition and compromises integrity to get a story.

Let the local guys do their thing and stop micromanaging from out-of-state corporate. That would go a long way to making things better.

A Good Learning Experience

Current Employee - Business Administrator  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Business Administrator in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LIN Media

Pros

Decent earnings, they tell you what is expected of you and then give you room to incorporate your own workstyle; corporate was very supportive when you had issue within the station in helping to resolve the issues.

Cons

when hired they do not give a training, when I started the position I was told that someone from corporate would come to the station to train me. That never happen, I had to learn everything on my own and did not officially go for training until almost two years after being in the position. Don't give good raises.

There are newer employer reviews for LIN Media.

Worked for LIN Media? Contribute to the Community!