LPL Financial
www.lpl.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It'll do for now.

San Diego, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are good, and the cost is low compared to other employers. For the most part, teammates are good people and fun to work with. Tons of online training materials to learn about other departments in the firm. Growth potential if you have what it takes and are able to meet people outside of your unit bubble. Advancement opportunities given to employees that were impacted by offshoring initiative (versus being kicked to the curb).

ConsIdle employee moral crushed once offshoring was announced, even in departments that were not impacted. Oversaturated management structure. Cancel the meetings and put them to work. While they do appear to be "trying", employee engagement is lacking. You're encouraged to attend offsite events but then pressured to attend when it's clear nobody has an interest in going. Advisors fairly abusive toward employees due to their own mistakes and lack of attention to detail. Although unspoken, the "you wouldn't have a paycheck if we didn't have advisors" is not a mantra that should not be preached.

Advice to Senior Management"Anonymous surveys" show that you are trying to get a feel for how your employees feel, but there seems to be little to no action taken. There are way too many levels of upper-management that make way too much money, make careless decisions and contribute very little. The "holier than thou" attitude runs rampant and most cannot be bothered to learn something that appears to be below them.

LPL Financial is above average overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LPL Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Corporate environment has a lot to offer. Business processes are solid.… Cons: Compensation structure is not commensurate with skill level. Out of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Instituion Services S360 call center

Instituion Services S360 Call Center (Current Employee)

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Medical benefits (Not PTO, we get 12 sick and vacation… Cons: Employees are overworked and underpaid. LPL outsourcing has negatively has impacted employees. Operations is overloaded and understaffed. Many operational tasks that are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on LPL Financial.

Worked for LPL Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LPL Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LPL Financial CEO Mark S. Casady. All reviews posted anonymously by LPL Financial employees.