LPL Financial

www.lpl.com

LPL Cannot Afford a Receptionist! So many LPL jobs are being shipped to India. LPL Advisors, guard your assets!

Program Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood PTO vacation policy and good experience to learn the world of financial industry.

ConsMorale has been declining to very low levels since early this year. LPL cannot even afford couple of pizzas and sodas for employee holiday parties so no holiday parties at LPL this year. My cousin works at a small mattress store (yes a mattress store) and they had a nice little holiday party for their employees. Very misguided management decision at LPL so far this year. Seems like HR is in a deep, deep hybernation sleep with no ETA to wake up!

Advice to Senior ManagementShame on LPL! You chocked over a receptionist salary? Are you kidding? You decided to outsource a receptionist position?!! Sad road ahead for LPL employees. There is minimum level of comfort and common sense in knowing that a decent management will say it's OK we can afford our own receptionist regardless of what the outside 'consultants' are advising. Not at LPL obviously. What's next, ask employees to bring their own toilet paper? You have SO MANY VPs, SVPs and EVPs that hardly have any work to do! Also, rather than manage and sell from behind a laptop, make your sales staff go out and EARN and bring new business and not manage and boss their rank-and-file from behind a laptop! At one point, this company had a very bright future. No longer. The writing is on the wall. If LPL's independent advisors are aware of how weak and understaffed the back office operations are at this point, they'll surely run to the competition and take their clients and money with them! LPL employees at the call center are being instructed NOT to mention anything to incoming calls from advisors about how much of advisor and client private information is being routinely handled by non-US employees in India, Russia and the Philippines.

An overall good place to work

Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Possible career opportunities, good benefits Cons: Quick upward mobility may be limited Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Management is oblivious to low morale

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: San Diego is a great home base. Cons: Morale is so low and staff is afraid to speak out even on the "confidential" employee survey because they do not trust management. Look… Advice to Senior Management: Stop allowing your department heads to make promotions and lay-off decisions based on popularity instead of merit. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LPL Financial.

Worked for LPL Financial? Contribute to the Community!