LPL Financial

There are newer employer reviews for LPL Financial

Fasten your seatbelt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, dynamic company, has a lot to offer many employees

Cons

Fast paced, dynamic company :)

I would love to see centrally managed / coached career development program. This does not appear to be a strength of the average manager / employee.

253 Other Employee Reviews for LPL Financial (View Most Recent)

About to Outsource All Employees - Yet Management Travels by Private Jets

Current Employee - LPL Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - LPL Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck for now

Cons

LPL Financial is at best a second rate financial services firm. They will always be behind Fidelity, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Goldman and others. Always - and they act like it.
    CEO, Mark Casady, still expects his top tier management staff to attend marketing and other such conferences multiple times per year - this kind of thinking is from someone who hasn't realized that THAT IS NOT WHAT GREAT FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANIES DO. Companies that are still trying to make a name for themselves, that are still climbing the financial services ladder do. This is one of the problems - Senior Management is still stuck in the past.
    Right at this very minute upper management are engaged in a meeting to discuss the imminent outsourcing of all employees - this is what they call their "successful" transition of everyone below AVP to being contractors. They're getting rid of all of their staff. Does a great company do that?
    I for one have been a loyal, hardworking employee and have put up with a lot of ridiculous ego and dysfunction from upper management. The very people who are determining that my livelihood is secondary are trying to pass off their money making decision to outsource as a "great and long term career move" for us staff members. Really? A lower salary and higher health insurance premiums and much higher health insurance deductibles are a better way for us to live?
    Delusional much?
    I know I'm not alone when I say that as soon as that message gets passed officially onto the employees I am out LPL Financial. Goodbye.

Put more money back into the company by way of retaining quality staff and Mark, stop your backwards thinking by forcing upper management to attend ridiculous low rent marketing conferences. You seem oblivious to the fact that LPL is a publicly traded company and no longer needs to market itself to potential small potatoes investors. Come into the real world and stop lining your pockets on the backs of your employees. Everyone knows you're dying to retire. Why don't you do it right away so that someone with a clear and non delusional vision can step up to the plate?

total nightmare to work here

Current Employee - InfoSec Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - InfoSec Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good technology, not cuttingt edge though

Cons

impossible to get anything done

doesnt matter, they wont read this

There are newer employer reviews for LPL Financial