LPL Financial

Independent Broker Dealer

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial

Pros

Great freedom, sky is the limit for self starters, great analytical tools are your finger tips. Great service when you call into the analytcs department

Cons

Trading system is not streamlined or efficient, poor data mining capabilities, no client data base, compliance department is too powerful, might go public soon

Do not go public, integrate data-mining and client database systems, include more alternative investment platforms, improve standard website for its advisors.

243 Other Employee Reviews for LPL Financial (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial

Pros

Low fees, decent technology, complete freedom to sell any product. Great alternative investment selections. No management interference. Good compliance support.

Cons

Unrecognizable name on resume in industry and to clients. Home office support could be a lot better. No real time option quotes.

Look into more advanced trading software. Go public and award stock options. Develop a better retention bonus program. Advertise a bit more.

Great People - Horrible Pay

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LPL Financial

Pros

I have worked at LPL for almost 8 years and have had a certain amount of success mostly due to my immediate managers and coworkers. I have worked my tail off and have consistently been recognized with promotions and additional responsibility.

Cons

What I haven't received is any significant raise, bonus or other benefits. The firm has been talking about going public for 10 years as if that would benefit those of us who do the day to day heavy lifting. So far no one but the senior executives has gotten anything. In fact they cut 401k matches while giving themselves additional shares. All while asking us to do more for less. It's insane.

If you want to motivate staff, give them some incentive beyond just keeping their job. Who do you think does all the real work???

There are newer employer reviews for LPL Financial