LRN

www.lrn.com

Worse Place I've Worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe product/s were great as were my colleagues. LRN manages to attract smart and bright people. I really can't say anything more positive about LRN since it was probably my worst working experience.

ConsI've never been in a work place that so disrespected its employees. I witnessed people 10-20 years older than LRN's CEO being publicly berated and chastised in front of others by LRN's CEO. It was clear that the only workers that the CEO had any respect for was the IT types. Everyone else who worked with the products were disrespected.

Putting that all aside, the place had no loyalty to its employees. I witnessed the company grow from 2 dozen to somewhere around 150 employees and contractors. Only to watch the place gutted. First wave of 50 let go at one time and then probably more 75 additional people let go over a year.
They brought people in with the lure of stock options that were worthless and paid well below market.

Even before the massive lay-offs, LRN was like a revolving door. Senior management members came and went on a weekly basis. People who had given up lucrative careers elsewhere.

Even if LRN now does pay market, you don't want to work in such a dysfunctional place where the CEO is not there for the product and his employees but about making himself famous.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

A Great Place to Work- If YOU also decide to make it so.

Engagement Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: LRN is at its core an aspirational company. People are drawn to the mission of helping people around the world do the right thing. When… Cons: Because we are an aspirational company, changes sometimes get made quickly. These decisions can be challenging for colleagues to absorb without context of why we… Advice to Senior Management: People that work at LRN are passionate, driven and eager to see this company become what it aspires to be. We need to continue to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Inspiring place to come to work made up of talented and driven people.

Leader (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRN full-time

Pros: The company is striving for a non-hierarchical structure and is pursuing a strategy of self-governance. It is a company about ideas, and that means communication… Cons: One place the company could do better is by promoting to the executive team from within. LRN has more work to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep extending trust more and more, the more colleagues know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LRN.

Worked for LRN? Contribute to the Community!