LRN
www.lrn.com Los Angeles, CA 150 to 499 Employees

I feel truly fortunate that I get to come to work at LRN everyday.

Solutions (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThe work I do is stimulating and important. We're trying to do things that have never been done well before and they can have a profound impact on the world we live in.

The company is ambitious and playing at the highest levels. I have opportunity to connect with movers and shakers around the globe.

Most days I learn something new. What we do is inherently complex. It requires we think broadly about the world and how it works, and continue to learn new things. We operate across a broad spectrum of ideas, activities and relationships. We need to understand the connect points.

I'm growing professionally. There are no boxes at LRN. Influence evolves out of your behavior. Each day I have opportunities both to practice my leadership skills and take on new responsibilities. Where I see problems, I feel empowered to make suggestions, collaborate with colleagues and get them fixed.

My colleagues are kind, supportive and decent people. They're committed to living in a moral and ethical world. They have diverse backgrounds and experiences. They want each other and the company to succeed.

The office space is amazing, the snacks generous and the coffee plentiful.

ConsThe company is evolving. It's shifting its business model and operating structure. It's making changes in its talent. There are some growing pains as it works through the process. You have to come to the table ready to contribute, willing to experiment and wanting to be part of building something exceptional.

There are easier ways to make more money. As a mission driven organization, compensation is below market.

Standards can be quite high. You have to have character and thick skin, and be willing to take criticism as an opportunity for growth. And, you need the self-confidence to throw yourself into the conversation.

More of a Cult than a Company

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LRN as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: The ideas the company is based on are innovative, and quite possibly correct. They have beautiful locations in Los Angeles and New York City. LRN… Cons: The CEO may be a visionary, but visionaries and CEOs are generally cut from different cloth. His goals seem to be constellated around making himself… Advice to Senior Management: The Board should retire Dov and replace him with a professional management team. He must have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worse Place I've Worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LRN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The product/s were great as were my colleagues. LRN manages to attract smart and bright people.… Cons: I've never been in a work place that so disrespected its employees. I witnessed people 10-20 years older than LRN's CEO being publicly berated… Advice to Senior Management: None. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LRN.

Worked for LRN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LRN reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LRN CEO Dov L. Seidman. All reviews posted anonymously by LRN employees.