There are newer employer reviews for LSBF

Worst experience of my professional life

Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at LSBF

Pros

Most members of staff below senior management are excellent, committed, passionate and want to get things done.
Fast paced environment and really entrepreneurial

Cons

Zero leadership
dictatorial management
senior management compromised by lack of experience created by installing family members into positions of authority without any previous, relevant, work experience. Leads to incompetence.
Questionable business practices.....selling and promoting courses that do not exist in campuses they don't have. You do not have a Prague campus so stop promoting it and signing up students along with their depositis!!!

Sell the business to someone who actually cares about delivering a first rate student experience and the deliverance of successful outcomes instead of treating the business like a personal ATM.

reviews filtered by

Not for everyone - but if you're ambitious, you'd love it!

I have been working at LSBF

Pros

This is definitely not your 'standard' HE organisation, in fact, it's as far away from it as it gets in my experience! It's really fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment, which has a really up-close-and-personal element to everything which happens.
    - Rapid career progression
    - Never bored
    - Serious bonuses

Cons

- Lacks established structures and processes to make work easier
    - No public-sector HE final salary pension
    - Usually long hours (in my role)

Consider having more women representation at the top - and select them for the right reasons! Equally, don't be afraid to get rid of non-performing women senior managers only because they are women!

Dynamic and vibrant place to work! Love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at LSBF

Pros

Extremely dynamic and fast-moving environment. People are amazing to work with! Company is growing to become industry leader with a global precense. For those that are entrepreneurial, oppurtunities for progression are immense - those that are not entrepreneurial, stay behind. My salary more then doubled within 6 months as management believed in my abilities and promoted me very quickly.

Cons

Communication is an issue and more processes are desperately needed, as the company is growing very quickly and is sometimes playing catchup with itself.

More interaction between UK and International offices.. More staff events and activities would be excellent for moral (not just a christmass party!).

There are newer employer reviews for LSBF