LSE

www.lse.ac.uk

world class institution, second class facilities, bureaucratic but kind and supportive

Lecturer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe brand has global prestige. The people are generally top-notch. There is a surprising lack of arrogance amongst most. The institution offers many courses and programs for faculty development.

ConsTeaching load often too high to make much research happen during term time. Marking / grading process is ridiculously painful and archaic. Often concerns with standards and fairness mean that students are not learning as much as they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to remove bureaucracy as much as possible. Pay more to faculty in order to retain them. Currently faculty often need to work extra jobs - like summer school or consulting - simply to make ends meet in London.

Positive, interesting and good for my CV

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at LSE

Pros: Learn for You - funding for study/activities unrelated to work Access to excellent learning facilities Great to… Cons: There is not a huge amount of opportunity for progression.… Advice to Senior Management: More actively lead the change necessary to maintain LSE as a world class institution. In light of the money… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Londoner

Master (Current Employee)

I have been working at LSE

Pros: higer reputation and well facilities and most professionals are well teaching and have good knowledge… Cons: Hard coursework, most courseworks are based on case studies and… Advice to Senior Management: Many societies you can join and talk with others. Most… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on LSE.

Worked for LSE? Contribute to the Community!