LSE

www.lse.ac.uk
  www.lse.ac.uk
There are newer employer reviews for LSE

One of the best part-time work during university.

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Technical Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at LSE

Pros

Good hourly pay. Usually flexible hours. Priority for student halls accommodation. A variety of challenges and responsibilities. Valuable work experience.

Cons

Salary increments are standardised, therefore no performance-based rewards. No bonuses. Some management are useless, especially at student hall accommodation (e.g Trevor Murtagh).

Management seriously needs to change the approach of evaluating the performance of their staff. There have been cases of good employees being dismissed, while bad employees are kept. Time to wake up!

44 Other Employee Reviews for LSE (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with lots to do.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at LSE

Pros

Great pay package, excellent training opportunities and good people to work with within the IT Services. Laid back environment where things still tend to get done.

Cons

Sometimes a lack of communication between people seem to slow down jobs a lot. Lots of things to do and not enough people to do them. Jobs tends to pile in during August and September where we have a backlog of new things to implement and replace so it seems at times there's no end to our work.

Hire more people to actually get things done before the start of term.

Research Centre

I worked at LSE part-time

Pros

I worked in a research centre at LSE and greatly enjoyed my time there. The staff is passionate and dedicated about their research. The schools is in a beautiful location and the centre is always up to date with the best technology.

Cons

Being in the centre of the city of London, transportation can get expensive. Additionally, pubs and restaurants surrounding the area are also very pricey.

There are newer employer reviews for LSE