There are newer employer reviews for LSI

Most underrated intern experience

Former Employee - Software  in  Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Software in Wichita, KS

I worked at LSI

Pros

Best Intern experience I have had, the allowed me to basically work across the entire source, which very few companies do and all of the full time software engineers were very helpful. The company has a solid market base and are looking to expand into the networking area which is one of the reasons why I joined. Also the work times are very flexible. I typically would start each day around 8:15 or 8:30 but some other interns would start at like 9 or 9:30 and then work until 6:00 or 6:30. If you had to leave or take care of something to during the work day people really didn't mind, as long as you were getting your work done.

Cons

The only downside was the location. Working in Wichita was not exactly convenient for me. They do have offices all over though, and have a decentralized development strategy so if I worked there full time I wouldn't be stuck in Wichita.

Keep up the good work

432 Other Employee Reviews for LSI (View Most Recent)

Good people and a changing culture

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant  in  Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Allentown, PA

I worked at LSI

Pros

Overall good people work there and generally have a good attitude. Hard work is very common and expected, but shouldn't it be? Upper management team seemed to be moving the ship in the right direction in making the company lean and profitable.

Cons

They were still adjusting to the merger with Agere, but most of that should have been completed by now. Downsizing an organization is inevitable when two combine, but that was a long standing tradition even before then (at Agere). Always having to cut costs and not hiring or replacing people tends to leave a negative impact on your workers.

Be open to doing things other than "the LSI way". Change is good for every company, and while you needed to outsource and sell off portions of your business remember to communicate the reasons for those moves throughout the rank and file.

LSI - A Positive Workplace Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at LSI

Pros

- The leading edge technology work is inspiring
    - LSI provides competitive compensation compared to the industrie
    - The company is professionally managed by a dynamic and competent management team
    - The company provides an innovative environment, which ecourages creativity and fresh thinking

Cons

- There are really no significant downsides

- Please continue to position the company for long term growth

There are newer employer reviews for LSI

Worked for LSI? Contribute to the Community!