LSI

Most underrated intern experience

Former Employee - Software in Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Software in Wichita, KS

I worked at LSI

Pros

Best Intern experience I have had, the allowed me to basically work across the entire source, which very few companies do and all of the full time software engineers were very helpful. The company has a solid market base and are looking to expand into the networking area which is one of the reasons why I joined. Also the work times are very flexible. I typically would start each day around 8:15 or 8:30 but some other interns would start at like 9 or 9:30 and then work until 6:00 or 6:30. If you had to leave or take care of something to during the work day people really didn't mind, as long as you were getting your work done.

Cons

The only downside was the location. Working in Wichita was not exactly convenient for me. They do have offices all over though, and have a decentralized development strategy so if I worked there full time I wouldn't be stuck in Wichita.

Keep up the good work

471 Other Employee Reviews for LSI (View Most Recent)

LSI - A Positive Workplace Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at LSI

Pros

- The leading edge technology work is inspiring
    - LSI provides competitive compensation compared to the industrie
    - The company is professionally managed by a dynamic and competent management team
    - The company provides an innovative environment, which ecourages creativity and fresh thinking

Cons

- There are really no significant downsides

- Please continue to position the company for long term growth

Great Engineers led by non technical managements

Current Employee - Senior Engineer - Hardware
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer - Hardware

I have been working at LSI

Pros

Get to work with some of very talented down to earth engineers. Engineers get along with each other very well. Cameradry and team work are common.

Cons

Too many middle managements who are not very technical. Promotion to management tends to weigh more on being agreeable with other top/middle managers and less on technical merit and less on capabilities to manage or set technical direction. In other words, LSI is full of middle managers who don't know how to manage people and don't know how to set technical direction.

Remove some of the middle management layers or replace middle managements with technical people who
    can manage. Afterall, this is a high tech company.

There are newer employer reviews for LSI