LSI

There are newer employer reviews for LSI

Marketing

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at LSI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People and culture
Generous Compensation - Very Fair
Excellent Benefits - The HSA is great, Always looking to improve.
Very Cool Technology

Cons

Sometimes requires more travel than I would like

Continue your excellent continuous improvement efforts. The Spark recognition program is wonderful.

450 Other Employee Reviews for LSI (View Most Recent)

Friendly work environment

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at LSI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The colleges are mostly friendly; the working space is large with enough privacy; the business is stable, and the salary is ok.

Cons

The benefits are not very good, very little bonus and almost no team building activities; No training for the new employees; The interaction between management team and engineers is very limited.

Need more team building to motivate the employees; need more interaction between higher level management team with engineers.

Left happily in under a year

Former Employee - ASIC Customer Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - ASIC Customer Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at LSI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Rather well compensated. Hired as brand new college graduate. The initial training program was a lot of fun.

Cons

The work was that of a technician, not an engineer. (And actually, just a few years before my arrival they did indeed hire technicians rather than engineers for this job.) The job was basically to run poorly created software tools. When things would go wrong, you would have to review a multi-thousand page document called ASKK. The software developers do not like writing documentation, but they do like writing software, so ASKK was almost always a few versions out of date. As a result, it was nearly impossible to figure out what went wrong. My job became hunting down more senior personnel to see if they could explain why things had gone wrong. This part included reviewing email threads from old projects to see if there was a hint in there explaining the situation (hopefully they had seen similar issues). The employees there were bitter about the job - no one seemed to like it.

The job was touted as a "Design position, good for someone with a lot of ambition". In fact, the position as not a design position at all, but I didn't find this out until I was already employed. I suggest you promote this job for what it is - a stable position good for someone that wants to work a moderate amount (e.g. if he/she wants to have a family).

There are newer employer reviews for LSI