LSI
www.lsi.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Confused and mediocre at best

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Norcross, GA

I worked at LSI full-time for more than a year

ProsAt least in sector doing good (Storage controller)

ConsLeadership is too erratic in the sense that the primary goals change too often.
Too many acquisitions and lay offs.
Work is not challenging at all (from software engineering perspective)
Salary is not competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not an expert. As an employee (software engineer) I have observed the above mentioned issues. That does not necessarily imply I have to have a solution for that.
There is obviously a reason why the management is failing like it is. And I don't think there is any simple enough solution that even lay person (me) can see. The only general advice (which applies to anyone at any level) would be, make sure you have a mechanism to recognize your own faults.

Marketing

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I have been working at LSI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great People and culture Generous Compensation - Very Fair Excellent Benefits -… Cons: Sometimes requires more travel than I would like Advice to Senior Management: Continue your excellent continuous improvement efforts. The Spark recognition… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Analog Design Engineer

Analog Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I have been working at LSI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1. Benefits above average in the industry. 2. Technology is up… Cons: 1. too many layoffs, some of which were never announced 2. Meetings are redudant and lengthy, and… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time connecting with engineering development, rather than talking… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on LSI.

Worked for LSI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LSI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LSI CEO Abhi Talwalkar. All reviews posted anonymously by LSI employees.