LSU Health New Orleans

There are newer employer reviews for LSU Health New Orleans

Good

Current Employee - Research Assistant in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Research Assistant in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at LSU Health New Orleans full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good and cool place to work

Cons

Limited oppertunity with collaboration, natural calamities

Make easy processing

13 Other Employee Reviews for LSU Health New Orleans (View Most Recent)

Pretty easy work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I worked at LSU Health New Orleans full-time

Pros

Good summer program for high school students, really nice paycheck every 4 weeks

Cons

Takes up a lot of summer

Exhilarating and them very disappointing due to lack of communication

Former Employee - Clinical Instructor Department of Psychiatry in New Orleans, LA

I worked at LSU Health New Orleans full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started working immediately in the aftermath of Katrina and found the job very exhilarating. I managed a grant program working in the schools throughout the metropolitan area doing assessments of children impacted by the storm. Later I was assigned to work collaboratively with the state and participated in the writing of several grants. Initially I felt the communication and camaraderie was exceptional and I was considered to be one of the hardest workers taking on any extra duties needed to get the job done. I worked collaboratively with many consultants whom I am still in connection with. They always felt I was exceptional in my organizational, clinical and program management skills and openly expressed they're satisfaction frequently

Cons

The culture of the department initially appeared to be one of welcoming and support. Every evaluation I received was rated as exceptional. Although as time went by I began noticing I was being excluded from meetings and conversations but, was never reprimanded for anything by my supervisor or the Department Chair. I unexpectedly received a letter informing me that my contract was not being renewed with the explanation being that there was no funding. At that time I was in the middle or working on a grant that would provide that funding.

The office culture is one of superior support until you don't agree with upper management. Nothing is ever said about it but, you are slowly being excluded and given fewer and fewer responsibilities and then was unexpectedly terminated without having ever had a discussion regarding whatever dissatisfaction I caused. The management duo very poorly communicates what they are unhappy about and slowly pushes you out. To be fair it is imperative that ongoing lines of communication be maintained with faculty making them aware of any issues that are going on.

There are newer employer reviews for LSU Health New Orleans