LUSH North America
www.lushusa.com Vancouver, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Horrible training structure with no room to be promoted! Hired under false pretenses!

Manager In Training (Former Employee)
Atlantic City, NJ

ProsThe discounts on the products are wonderful. The customers are generally nice. You always smell fabulous. It is not a stuffy place to work at all. If you don't like 9-5 this is the place for you. The products are amazing and easy to sell.

ConsI was hired as a manager in training. I was excited about the job because I was a customer first and knew what a wonderful product Lush produced. After about 2 weeks into the position I realized something was structurally wrong with the company at least in North America. I had management experience in retail and other areas so I knew when my red flags went up that I should be concerned.I never received any training without having to prompt the manager, although I was given on the day I started a training binder that no one ever went over with me. After one month I was left to be the manager for a week while the " manager " was at a meeting. She left me with no operational tools to run the store properly and barely any staff. On two of those days i worked a 13 hour day on top of having an hour drive both ways. Not a good introduction to a new job. Besides not being trained, I believe I was hired under false pretenses. I was told weekends were not a requirement but important to work. Being in retail previously I knew this. I was told we work a 40 hr week, and I could make my own schedule. I was also told I was being hired because the current manager was moving to another location. NONE of this was TRUE! I worked well over 40 hrs a week without being paid for it, because MIT's are salary. At least ONE weekend day is REQUIRED and I never got to do my own schedule. I never knew when I was working because the manager could barely get the schedule out on time. I was never given any feedback on my performance even after I asked. I was being " trained " by a manager that was supposed to be leaving but she never made an attempt to. Therefore I was left in limbo. After about a month I tried to contact a retail support team member to see where I should be in my training, because I was getting nowhere asking the manager, but as with everything with LUSH I got ignored. She played phone tag with me then gave up. I finally emailed her and got no response. The pay is not good. Life work balance doesn't exist. The selling tactics are ridiculous and pushy. The lack of training, at least in the store was in, was uncalled for. Lush looks great on paper but I have never worked in a more unorganized place in the 15 years I have been working. DONT DO IT!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you interview please make sure the person doing it is being HONEST in the expectations. As far as I saw no reviews were done on management. I think that your company could avoid turnover if you would just keep and eye on your upper management. Please make sure your staff is being trained correctly. Also, stop making employees be so pushy in selling. I love your product but how can i continue to be a customer if I know how your management treats their employees. Ethically your a wonderful company but if you don't carry that to the maintenance of your employees then really how ethical are you. I say take a CLOSE look at some of your management!

High school all over again...

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

I worked at LUSH North America

Pros: Great discount on awesome products Fun place to work and great customers Chance to try… Cons: Management tends to choose favorites among the staff and doesn't make an effort to develop all employees into a team Low pay no extra perks for… Advice to Senior Management: Higher MORE experienced managers who really care about developing excellent sales teams - not just creating a company clique. Try to create real opportunities for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They are what they said to customer, but not to employee

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at LUSH North America full-time for more than a year

Pros: It is a easy-to-begin job, good for people need Canadian experience. 50% discount on Lush products and free… Cons: Unpredictable schedule. Take advantage on to by not paying fairly wage to a skilled worker. Make people work fast… Advice to Senior Management: A fixed schedule is a promise. If you can't promise enough job to so many people, then don't hire that many. If you don't need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LUSH North America.

Worked for LUSH North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LUSH North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LUSH North America CEO Mark Wolverton. All reviews posted anonymously by LUSH North America employees.