LYRASIS

www.lyrasis.org
There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS

horrible environment with miserable coworkers

I worked at LYRASIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

if you are liked by management you don't have to worry about actually doing any work, you don't even have to show up, you can just dump it on your coworkers.

Cons

This place was like being in high-school, full of bullies, (including one who would actually "accidentally" run into me, hit me, and push me against walls). I had one coworker who used to cry at my desk when she made a mistakes, (rather than learning opportunities mistakes here are prized opportunities for coworkers to denigrate each other). Senior management spends their time eavesdropping, so of course middle management does the same. It's actually kind of funny to see them tiptoeing around and peering over cubicles and lurking near office doors, context is never an issue. They do this to contribute value as this is really the only thing they can do as they are oblivious to the work that the organization is doing. The only employees who are actually accomplishing anything are overworked and are all lower level.

stop referring to your staff as your "minions" and take at least a few minutes to learn what they are doing instead of trying to cause problems.

15 Other Employee Reviews for LYRASIS (View Most Recent)

Like scrambling for deck chairs on the Titanic?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LYRASIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to meet and network with a lot of professionals in the library science world.

Cons

The benefits others have raved about are gone as are most of the staff, including contract positions there are only about 50 employees left.. Middle management refuses to document processes and procedures, this allows them the ability to change them upon a whim, which wouldn't be so bad except they rarely remember to communicate changes to the staff. Additionally, middle management continually requests employees to lie regarding the status of orders and renewals to both vendors and members. Currently the organization aligns more closely with publishers than with members, members definitely are getting the short end.

Increase visibility and reestablish partnership with membership, this is really what supports the organization.

My experience has not been challenging, and unsatisfactory in terms of my skills, background and experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LYRASIS

Pros

Great benefits package includes 4 weeks vacation, extremely liberal 403(b) employee match, great medical/dental coverage.

Cons

Environment tends to not be welcoming to outsiders (those not from library profession). Upper management tends to operate in a very "reactive" vs "proactive" manner. Experience, work ethic and proven skills don't seem to be taken into consideration regarding promotions, raises, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS