There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS

Overall drudge and unsatisfying, not a place to stay if you can leave

I worked at LYRASIS full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, life balance with plenty of time off. Of course there are some good people working there, but none stay because they are not inspired or challenged to do their best work.

Cons

Too many to list, but the biggest Con is the executive leader, so called CEO, who lacks any strategic vision or courage to actually lead. When I started I was hopefull for the opportunity to contribute to a non profit, but quickly learned it is a very passive-aggressive org and she/CEO never stays with a single priority for long. The nitpicking and micro management is unbelievably bad, literally every decision has to be approved by CEO, this is because she does not trust employees enough to delegate to them for their expertise.
CEO keeps the entire staff in constant reaction mode - always chasing the last thing she heard or read someoEd say was a good idea.
It is truely a sad place and running it for years this has been a collessal waste of library and tax payer resources.

Clean sweep the exec staff and board and start over.

14 Other Employee Reviews for LYRASIS (View Most Recent)

Pretend to care, but major CYA

Former Employee - Customer Service in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Phila, PA

I worked at LYRASIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salaries and benefits comparable. Congenial atmosphere.

Cons

Slow to move, bureaucratic, lack of creativity, nice to your face but its all fake.

Hire people who actually get things done!

I love working at LYRASIS.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LYRASIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I came from a background in small nonprofits. LYRASIS has been amazingly flexible and supportive of me as a new librarian. They encourage me to present at conferences and work around my schedule to allow me the time I need to cultivate opportunities.

I have never worked at a place as eager to assist me with the course of my career. Management are accessible, responsive, and above all helpful. There is the sense that all individual victories are victories for the company and vice versa.

Excellent benefits - even with reductions, we receive great medical and 4 weeks of vacation from day one. The smaller staff is committed, considerate, and friendly. There is an air of excitement and enthusiasm for the digital direction the company has taken. Recently, the organization has begun hiring for new positions.

Cons

There is some negative memory of the salad days of years past- much of the griping you see in other reviews is due to this. We no longer work with OCLC in the same way, and as a result, the company culture has changed. Those who were there for the boom days have lingering stress and resentment for the rightsizing that occurred following the end of that relationship.

I've been at a number of organizations that have experienced layoffs, and I would say that this reaction is nothing out of the ordinary. Overall morale is improving everyday.

Keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS