LYRASIS
www.lyrasis.org Atlanta, GA 50 to 149 Employees

Overall drudge and unsatisfying, not a place to stay if you can leave

(Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good, life balance with plenty of time off. Of course there are some good people working there, but none stay because they are not inspired or challenged to do their best work.

ConsToo many to list, but the biggest Con is the executive leader, so called CEO, who lacks any strategic vision or courage to actually lead. When I started I was hopefull for the opportunity to contribute to a non profit, but quickly learned it is a very passive-aggressive org and she/CEO never stays with a single priority for long. The nitpicking and micro management is unbelievably bad, literally every decision has to be approved by CEO, this is because she does not trust employees enough to delegate to them for their expertise.
CEO keeps the entire staff in constant reaction mode - always chasing the last thing she heard or read someoEd say was a good idea.
It is truely a sad place and running it for years this has been a collessal waste of library and tax payer resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean sweep the exec staff and board and start over.

Pretend to care, but major CYA

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Phila, PA

I worked at LYRASIS full-time for more than a year

Pros: Salaries and benefits comparable. Congenial atmosphere. Cons: Slow to move, bureaucratic, lack of creativity, nice to… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people who actually get things done! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I love working at LYRASIS.

(Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LYRASIS full-time for more than a year

Pros: I came from a background in small nonprofits. LYRASIS has been amazingly flexible and supportive of me as a new librarian. They encourage me to… Cons: There is some negative memory of the salad days of years past- much of the griping you see in other reviews is due to this.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LYRASIS.

Worked for LYRASIS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LYRASIS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LYRASIS CEO Kate Nevins. All reviews posted anonymously by LYRASIS employees.