My experience has not been challenging, and unsatisfactory in terms of my skills, background and experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LYRASIS

Pros

Great benefits package includes 4 weeks vacation, extremely liberal 403(b) employee match, great medical/dental coverage.

Cons

Environment tends to not be welcoming to outsiders (those not from library profession). Upper management tends to operate in a very "reactive" vs "proactive" manner. Experience, work ethic and proven skills don't seem to be taken into consideration regarding promotions, raises, etc.

Other Reviews for LYRASIS

I don't recommend Lyrasis

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LYRASIS

Pros

Lyrasis is big compared to some other regional library nonprofits, which may have certain advantages. Some great people work there.

Cons

Management is insular and not open to other ways of seeing things. In general, the year 2010 is a bad time to work for a library nonprofit due to the economic downturn.

They couldn't hear it constructive criticism back last year, so I have no confidence that they'd hear it this year.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at LYRASIS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Library industry is undergoing massive change and LYRASIS is in the forefront. Much more than just collecting a paycheck, LYRASIS allows its employees room to innovate better products and services for Members. Benefits are superior to those offered by my former employers.

Cons

Because the Company gives employees much leeway in conducting their jobs, occasionally, a less motivated employee can take advantage of the situation.

Top management needs to keep pushing forward and keep adapting to the changing library environment.

There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS.

Worked for LYRASIS? Contribute to the Community!