La Clinica de La Raza

There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza

Steer clear from La Clinica de La Raza

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None really, I'd say the insurance, but they take sooo much of your check I'm not sure it's even worth it.

Cons

(Medical Department) Almost everything is a con, from the staff to the management. If you can help it, steer clear of this place. Most employee's are desperately looking for jobs elsewhere.

Where can I start, fair labor practices for beginners, you will almost never be able to take your break at this place, the employees are represented by a union who apart from taking their dues of your check will not do anything for the employees. You will never, ever, ever get a raise unless you are a dental staff.

Secondly, the employees are about 95-98 % women. Who are very catty and at each others throat all the time. In other words there is Drama! The other set back is that with having predominately female staff, is that there is always someone pregnant which means they are always short staffed. They hire temps, but the hiring process is extremely slow and the HR department has very few competent staff that the person is almost back from maternity leave by the time the temp starts working.

Also, don't ever expect to be recognized for your hard work. You will have days where you don't even have time to go to the restroom during your AM or PM shifts and you will never be recognized for it, on the contrary, they will ask you to work harder and do more.

There is absolutely no room for growth unless you are related to someone high up in the agency or know someone in a management position. Therefore there are a lot and I mean a lot of incompetent people in high ranks. This organization does not value hard work or an education for that matter.

If you think this company may be worth it to help the disadvantaged people you are wrong, They are money hungry sharks who only care about the people with medi-cal or other insurances, this makes the agency money. So, what does this mean, management does everything in their power to see insured patients while putting other patients on the back burner. The only people who do care about the patients are the doctors/NPs/physician assistants etc. and even then they are forced to see so many patients that the doctors themselves area unable to provide the quality service they desire.

I can go on and on with my rant, but I'm sure you all get the idea.

My advice is for Jane Garcia. You are the one with the control to make a change with this organization and stop what has become of La Clinica, it is shameful. First of all, I advise you start requiring education for the management positions, just because someone has worked at La Clinica for 10 years does not make them competent or qualified enough to be in management positions. Also, having reviews done for people in management positions like a 360 review would benefit. Also, this hiring of peoples children, comadres, etc for positions for which they do not qualify for needs to stop! People need to have the proper qualifications before being hired for this position, that is the only way to improve the hell that La Clinica has become.

11 Other Employee Reviews for La Clinica de La Raza (View Most Recent)

satisfatory

Current Employee - CMA in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - CMA in Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros

being able to help the community, by making a difference in their health. wonderful pt and families

Cons

unfortunally the hard working employee never gets recognize, some of the best promotions go to the ones the barely know how the clinics run. experience means almost nothing to managment.

please come at least once a month to the different sites to talk and hear to the employees the work in the different departments from janitorial to supervisor

Needs a big change

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros

Helping the community, co-worker camaraderie, friendships with co-workers and patients, a good place to gain experience.

Cons

Upper management never gives recognition or praise for good, hard work, they only make you work harder. They intimidate staff into waiving their raises and voting to change union contract, because they know the majority of staff were not born and raised in the US do not know their worker's rights, and will not go on strike. Favoritism is also an issue.

Treat your hardworking, loyal employees with more respect. Give them smiles and "thank you's". Give them fair wages, they've earned it, they work hard and you know it. Take pride in your organization by making changes so others do not look down upon it.

There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza