La Clinica de La Raza
www.laclinica.org Oakland, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company. Great people. Meaningful work."

ProsDedicated employees. Mission driven. Grassroots. Administrative employees are able to flex their positions to fit their strengths. Dedicated to improving the skills of managers and supervisors. Seeks to hire from the communities it serves. Fair wages, especially for a nonprofit. The CEO is warm and approachable, as are most of the executives.

ConsNeeds to focus on bringing together executives, doctors, frontline workers, tech and facilities employees to reduced perceived preferential treatment and give all employees a company-wide perspective that is communicated not just from the top down, but from the ground up. But that is the case in most companies. The only reason I think it is more important to focus on it at LC is because of the history and mission of the organization.
Needs to hire more diversely from the communities it serves. Sometimes gives potential newcomers the impression that it only serves Spanish speakers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer cross language classes where English speakers, Spanish speakers, and speakers of Asian languages are teaching each other. Encourage participation of employees at all levels of the organization. Start a two-way mentoring program for new employees, particularly ones from populations which are under-respresented in the organization.

Steer clear from La Clinica de La Raza

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: None really, I'd say the insurance, but they take sooo… Cons: (Medical Department) Almost everything is a con, from the staff to the management. If you can help it, steer clear of this place. Most employee's… Advice to Senior Management: My advice is for Jane Garcia. You are the one with the control to make a change with this organization and stop what has become… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

satisfatory

CMA (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros: being able to help the community, by making a difference… Cons: unfortunally the hard working employee never gets recognize, some of the best promotions go to… Advice to Senior Management: please come at least once a month to the different sites to talk and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on La Clinica de La Raza.

Worked for La Clinica de La Raza? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at La Clinica de La Raza reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for La Clinica de La Raza CEO Jane Garcia. All reviews posted anonymously by La Clinica de La Raza employees.