La Clinica de La Raza

www.laclinica.org
  www.laclinica.org
There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza

Good company. Great people. Meaningful work."

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time

Pros

Dedicated employees. Mission driven. Grassroots. Administrative employees are able to flex their positions to fit their strengths. Dedicated to improving the skills of managers and supervisors. Seeks to hire from the communities it serves. Fair wages, especially for a nonprofit. The CEO is warm and approachable, as are most of the executives.

Cons

Needs to focus on bringing together executives, doctors, frontline workers, tech and facilities employees to reduced perceived preferential treatment and give all employees a company-wide perspective that is communicated not just from the top down, but from the ground up. But that is the case in most companies. The only reason I think it is more important to focus on it at LC is because of the history and mission of the organization.
Needs to hire more diversely from the communities it serves. Sometimes gives potential newcomers the impression that it only serves Spanish speakers.

Offer cross language classes where English speakers, Spanish speakers, and speakers of Asian languages are teaching each other. Encourage participation of employees at all levels of the organization. Start a two-way mentoring program for new employees, particularly ones from populations which are under-respresented in the organization.

9 Other Employee Reviews for La Clinica de La Raza (View Most Recent)

Steer clear from La Clinica de La Raza

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None really, I'd say the insurance, but they take sooo much of your check I'm not sure it's even worth it.

Cons

(Medical Department) Almost everything is a con, from the staff to the management. If you can help it, steer clear of this place. Most employee's are desperately looking for jobs elsewhere.

Where can I start, fair labor practices for beginners, you will almost never be able to take your break at this place, the employees are represented by a union who apart from taking their dues of your check will not do anything for the employees. You will never, ever, ever get a raise unless you are a dental staff.

Secondly, the employees are about 95-98 % women. Who are very catty and at each others throat all the time. In other words there is Drama! The other set back is that with having predominately female staff, is that there is always someone pregnant which means they are always short staffed. They hire temps, but the hiring process is extremely slow and the HR department has very few competent staff that the person is almost back from maternity leave by the time the temp starts working.

Also, don't ever expect to be recognized for your hard work. You will have days where you don't even have time to go to the restroom during your AM or PM shifts and you will never be recognized for it, on the contrary, they will ask you to work harder and do more.

There is absolutely no room for growth unless you are related to someone high up in the agency or know someone in a management position. Therefore there are a lot and I mean a lot of incompetent people in high ranks. This organization does not value hard work or an education for that matter.

If you think this company may be worth it to help the disadvantaged people you are wrong, They are money hungry sharks who only care about the people with medi-cal or other insurances, this makes the agency money. So, what does this mean, management does everything in their power to see insured patients while putting other patients on the back burner. The only people who do care about the patients are the doctors/NPs/physician assistants etc. and even then they are forced to see so many patients that the doctors themselves area unable to provide the quality service they desire.

I can go on and on with my rant, but I'm sure you all get the idea.

My advice is for Jane Garcia. You are the one with the control to make a change with this organization and stop what has become of La Clinica, it is shameful. First of all, I advise you start requiring education for the management positions, just because someone has worked at La Clinica for 10 years does not make them competent or qualified enough to be in management positions. Also, having reviews done for people in management positions like a 360 review would benefit. Also, this hiring of peoples children, comadres, etc for positions for which they do not qualify for needs to stop! People need to have the proper qualifications before being hired for this position, that is the only way to improve the hell that La Clinica has become.

satisfatory

Current Employee - CMA in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - CMA in Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros

being able to help the community, by making a difference in their health. wonderful pt and families

Cons

unfortunally the hard working employee never gets recognize, some of the best promotions go to the ones the barely know how the clinics run. experience means almost nothing to managment.

please come at least once a month to the different sites to talk and hear to the employees the work in the different departments from janitorial to supervisor

There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza