La Clinica de La Raza

Needs a big change

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Pleasant Hill, CA
Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros

Helping the community, co-worker camaraderie, friendships with co-workers and patients, a good place to gain experience.

Cons

Upper management never gives recognition or praise for good, hard work, they only make you work harder. They intimidate staff into waiving their raises and voting to change union contract, because they know the majority of staff were not born and raised in the US do not know their worker's rights, and will not go on strike. Favoritism is also an issue.

Treat your hardworking, loyal employees with more respect. Give them smiles and "thank you's". Give them fair wages, they've earned it, they work hard and you know it. Take pride in your organization by making changes so others do not look down upon it.

9 Other Employee Reviews for La Clinica de La Raza (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Physician in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Physician in Oakland, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros

Wonderful supportive, easy to work with staff, great patients

Cons

Lack of benefits and lower than average salary for the Bay Area

I wish you could increase the benefits for all but especially for ancillary staff with special needs it really helps them to help us.

Lots of good people, good work, and employee training. Mixed experience depending on where you work

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza

Pros

Flexibility in terms of multiple departments and locations if you have the kind of job needed around the organization. Lots of training opportunities, especially for the managers. Some departments have a strong family or community feeling. I think many managers try hard to do the right thing. Commitment to the community, employee wellness program, pretty good benefits, some buildings nice to work in.

Cons

Non profit pay scale. Can be super gossipy depending on the department. Management seems to have a hard time firing people who should be fired. Not always an emotionally healthy place too work. It depends a lot on your manager and how mature your co-workers are.

Let us know what's going on more often. Hold managers accountable to support staff. Get rid of people who aren't helping our patients or are being respectful to patients or co-workers. Provide more employee training, vacation time and extended sick leave.

There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza