La Petite Academy

www.learningcaregroup.com

Keep Driving!

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Champaign, IL
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Champaign, IL

Pros

Easy to get a job here, little experience needed. Okay benefits. Curriculum has been created for toddlers, twos, pre-school, pre-K, and school aged classrooms. Developmentally appropriate practice and content in theory (but not in action)

Cons

VERY Low Pay!!!!
Lack of Respect for Employees!
Management is not concerned about policies or DCFS guidlines.
Generally over ratio!
Typically don't get to leave on time.
Management Targets Employees
High Turn over (Teachers and Children)
Teacher are not given time to prepare anything
Have curriculum, but NEVER used!
Not all employees seem qualified or knowledgeable enough to work with kids.
Lack of team work from Cooks to Corporate positions!
Lack of confidentiality!
EXTREME GOSSIP even within upper management!
Work hours per week and not secure.

Higher people that care about employees and know how to run a business. Stop focusing on labor hours and making money for Learning Care Group and worry about how well the children are cared for/attended to, how your employees are being treated, and supplying TOOLS and TIME for the teachers to use! CONFIDENTIALITY and PROFESSIONALISM!! Listen to your teachers instead of writing them off as liars or "just not the place for you!"

Other reviews for La Petite Academy

Loved it!

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher  in  Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Oceanside, CA

Pros

My director was the nicest person and so was the assistant director. One of the head teachers took me under her wing and gave me so much confidence. The teachers all worked together and made that place a lot of fun.

Cons

Wish the pay was greater, but for the time it was pretty good.

La Petite Academy

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

First and foremost, the children's personalities!

Cons

La Petite is pulling a fast one, they would like to hire for cheap. Since it’s a big profit corporation they have taken so much and they are giving so little in return. We all experienced the economy meltdown and so did the teachers vacation time. They took away certain amount of time, without grandfathering older employees; they did it across the board. They did not care because it’s time to restructure the company and bring in cheaper labor.
    New teachers are hired for nothing pennies on the dollar. All is really needed is 12 units. The amount of paper work we have to do for each child takes away from the child. Such as, daily sheets for all classrooms. Wanting them done outside is a STATE LICENSING VIOLATION!
    They need to understand that the pencils pushers should not demand so much because when you sit behind a desk it all looks easy, having 24 children in a classroom with different personalities and trying to get paperwork done does take away from the children. Sadly, we must comply, because if we are unhappy they will just bring someone else in. “Bottom LINE”
    Do you really want to be that someone else? Well come on in and try it! Their insurance is by far the worst’s 80/20 does not help me financially; they want one carrier for all centers. But it appears the CA employees are at little neglected, we have Kaiser out here for goodness sake use them!!!!!
      I would welcome, kinder care, Bright Horizon and La Petite Academy to respond to this; which corporation pays more? Do you constantly shuffle kids around; to get a teacher home so you can meet labor hours? Do you put tons of infants and toddlers together to get more out of staff; or more money into your pocket? These are the questions; I would love for them to respond?
    These are the question for anybody who works at a childcare setting, if they shuffle kids around, it’s telling you that they have labor hours they need to be met. They don't care about you, because you are just an “AT WILL EMPLOYEE”! They care about their profits! I hope they are reading this I HOPE THEY COMMENT! BUT LIKE I SAID IT’S A PROFIT SCHOOL AND THEY DON’T CARE. IT’S OWNED BY JP MORGAN AND AS LONG AS the corp. IS MAKING PROFIT there is no caring. AT THE SAME TIME, THEY HAVE LEARNED FROM WALMART THAT IF YOU DON’T MAKE CERTAIN HOURS YOU WILL BE uninsured…… no vacation time, no sick time, it’s do as I say or go! Back in the old days teachers were teachers, they educated out of love now the love is a daily sheet! Soon or later the market for high cost preschools/daycare will hit hard and think where you are at, because if you think parents are picking the high cost of preschool/daycare you are wrong. The mom and pops preschool would be more popular and the mom and pops schools are the ones that will surly show their employees care.

Please slow down on the Daily sheets, treat teachers how they should be treated. Before the corporation implements any daily sheets or new curriculum, visit schools to see how it can be incorporated. Witness the love and respect, witness the paperwork witness a teacher that works hard. I DARE you to come to a center for a week. Think thru what you want teachers to do, think thru this whole note because like I have stated before soon or later the market for preschool will crash and when it does what’s next?

There are newer employer reviews for La Petite Academy.

Worked for La Petite Academy? Contribute to the Community!