La Petite

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Stafford, VA
Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Stafford, VA

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved the people that I worked with and I loved the kids in the infant room.

Cons

The management was awful and we were understaffed. We were working open to close, and forced to take long breaks so we wouldn't get overtime.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are children.

Other Employee Reviews for La Petite Academy

1. Keep Driving!

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Champaign, IL

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a job here, little experience needed. Okay benefits. Curriculum has been created for toddlers, twos, pre-school, pre-K, and school aged classrooms. Developmentally appropriate practice and content in theory (but not in action)

Cons

VERY Low Pay!!!! Lack of Respect for Employees! Management is not concerned about policies or DCFS guidlines. Generally over ratio! Typically don't get to leave on time. Management Targets Employees High Turn over (Teachers and Children) Teacher are not given time to prepare anything Have curriculum, but NEVER used! Not all employees seem qualified or knowledgeable enough to work with kids. Lack of team work from Cooks to Corporate positions! Lack of confidentiality! EXTREME GOSSIP even within upper management! Work hours per week and not secure.

Advice to Management

Higher people that care about employees and know how to run a business. Stop focusing on labor hours and making money for Learning Care Group and worry about how well the children are cared for/attended to, how your employees are being treated, and supplying TOOLS and TIME for the teachers to use! CONFIDENTIALITY and PROFESSIONALISM!! Listen to your teachers instead of writing them off as liars or "just not the place for you!"

2. Loved it!

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Oceanside, CA

I worked at La Petite Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My director was the nicest person and so was the assistant director. One of the head teachers took me under her wing and gave me so much confidence. The teachers all worked together and made that place a lot of fun.

Cons

Wish the pay was greater, but for the time it was pretty good.