La Petite Academy

www.learningcaregroup.com
  www.learningcaregroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for La Petite Academy

It's and okay place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work with some nice people. The children and many of the parents make the job worth while. Good Location.

Cons

The benefits are not too good and not enough raises.

93 Other Employee Reviews for La Petite Academy (View Most Recent)

High Expectations for Very Low Pay

I worked at La Petite Academy

Pros

The teacher to student ratio is good.

Cons

No school janitors!! The teachers are expected to not only wrangle the babies all day (to include switching babies to different classrooms to stay in ratio) they are also expected to do extensive lesson plans, AND display lesson plans on the classroom walls every week, AND sanitize the classrooms everyday after ther shift. The cleaning includes bleaching the toys and every surface, washing babies cups (if the parents demand one stays at the school), vacuuming, and moping. Let me go into the cup cleaning....To keep them sanitized in this germ ridden environment the teacher has to go to the kitchen and do a 3 step process to sanitize the cup or cups. RIDICULOUS. Not that the kids don't deserve clean cups, but the teachers should not have to do this job. They expect an enormous amount of work for extremely little pay. I have a BA and an MA with experience teaching children 3 and up...however since I had no degree specifically in early childhood ed my pay was 8.75. I took the job only to fill the gap while searching for a real career job with a salary...which thank god I found shortly after starting. Also, I fell sick 6 times while working all of 2 1/2 months there....my doctor bills were more than I got paid. I will never subject my kids to such a daycare environment.

Fix all the problems above. It would help if the corporation actually paid the teachers what they are worth since without them they wouldn't have anything. The manager of each location gets paid roughly 50-60,000......and the teachers are hourly and more often than not ...under $10 and hour.

You can probably do better

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Edmond, OK

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the kids
    the young people i worked with
    some of the parents

Cons

managment
    pay
    level of professionalism
    respect of the company for employees

I loved my kids and I was a kind and thoughtfull caregiver but I never felt valued by managment. The general attitude was adversarial with managment assuming that we needed to be watched to make sure we behaved. Alot of this possibly stemmed from their hiring so many "teachers" who were barely more than childeren themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for La Petite Academy