La Senza

There are newer employer reviews for La Senza

Full-time corporate headquarters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at La Senza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Creativity is encouraged, good compensation and bonus plan, most managers are flexible about taking time off. Brand is owned by L Brands (Limited Brands) and corporation offers many benefits from great 401K plan and employee training to decent cafeteria and fitness classes.

Cons

Specific to La Senza (not other L Brands companies), much of middle management is promoted before they are ready/mature enough to handle their new position. This results in mismanaged teams, preferential treatment, overworked and frustrated team members and cattiness. Cadence is unorganized and chaotic. There is also definite problems in lack of communication and micro-management.

Senior management needs to address the bigger issues plaguing the various teams including those listed in cons instead of hiding the problems behind give-aways and treats.

Info about the company is out of date. La Senza is now owned by L Brands and headquartered in Columbus, Oh. Brand president is Michele Cloutier. Ms. Nemeroff is longer with the company.

53 Other Employee Reviews for La Senza (View Most Recent)

Had a great time but went downhill rapid when Alshaya bought us over.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at La Senza as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, holidays, 20% discount, great atmosphere, working with lovely stock, great team of girls, learn how to give excellent customer service, Amazing brand.

Cons

After Alshaya bought us in 2012 everything went downhill. All our hours got cut some girls from 40 hours pw to 24...shifts got shortened so you would be In 4 or 5 days doing 4 hour shifts instead of in 3 days doing 9 hour shift, infact alot of the time you were in doing 6 hour shifts and no break at all.No incentives and reduced our staff discount..I could go on and on

Gice a little back to your staff and it would pay dividends instead of of expecting everyone to drop everything, work their backside off and what for ...Nothing! Total disregard to peoples work/family life balance, Hr are so cheeky and snooty while also incompetent at their job! Alshaya ....La Senza UK have now ceased to trade so you didnt exactly do a good job of making a comeback for us ha

It was alright

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at La Senza part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount on bras which was good also friendly staff and management

Cons

Always seems to go In out of liquidation, very unstable

Sort out the way you spend your money, get cheaper suppliers and cut down the prices of your products!

There are newer employer reviews for La Senza