There are newer employer reviews for La Senza

Full-time corporate headquarters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at La Senza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Creativity is encouraged, good compensation and bonus plan, most managers are flexible about taking time off. Brand is owned by L Brands (Limited Brands) and corporation offers many benefits from great 401K plan and employee training to decent cafeteria and fitness classes.

Cons

Specific to La Senza (not other L Brands companies), much of middle management is promoted before they are ready/mature enough to handle their new position. This results in mismanaged teams, preferential treatment, overworked and frustrated team members and cattiness. Cadence is unorganized and chaotic. There is also definite problems in lack of communication and micro-management.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to address the bigger issues plaguing the various teams including those listed in cons instead of hiding the problems behind give-aways and treats.

Info about the company is out of date. La Senza is now owned by L Brands and headquartered in Columbus, Oh. Brand president is Michele Cloutier. Ms. Nemeroff is longer with the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sales Associate/Stock Specialist

Current Employee - Stock Specialist/Sales Associate in London, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Stock Specialist/Sales Associate in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at La Senza part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interview: Group interview with ~10 others was made to be very comfortable and most questions/tasks were very straightforward
    Training: Management and the other employees were very willing to help whenever I had questions or concerns. They worked well with my pace and ensure I was very prepared before training ended
    Work Environment: Everyone from co-workers to management have always been very supportive. Very good company to work for
    Growth: Gave me a chance to try all aspects of the job from sales, stock, and floorsets/visuals to allow me to find what I worked best at.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

2. Job seekers beware. Most unprofessional gossipy company I ever had the displeasure of working for.

Current Employee - Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at La Senza

Pros

SOME of the team members you work with, others make you not even want to shop there let alone work there

Cons

Dm was the worst person I've ever met, favouritism, gossip, empty promises, unprofessional people who only look out for themselves instead of supporting you.

Advice to Management

Dm needs to grow up and go back to high school bc that's how she acts. Invest in people instead of everyone being replaceable if she doesn't like them.

There are newer employer reviews for La Senza