La-Z-Boy

www.la-z-boy.com

Great People, Fair but tough management.

Pros

La-Z-Boys! Get a good experience with manufacturing in a US company.

Cons

The politics are sometimes annoying.

Other reviews for La-Z-Boy

Great Opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

I like working for a company that puts so much time and energy into its people, we get great training from great co workers and I can say I like going to work. We spend a lot of time creating a strong team that has a great sense of our values and can handle being held to a very high standard. Some may feel that sometimes that bar just keeps being raised and raised, but I would rather work for a company that keeps pushing me than somewhere that I am not challenged.

Cons

With any company you will have highs and lows but overall this is a great company to work for.

Keep improving your communication with the stores, ask more questions to see what we do on a day to day basis to get more feedback on what we need at the stores to improve business.

OK part time sales job

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

There are worse places to work for a part time hourly job.

Cons

Not an exciting or intellectual job. No benefits, no commission, no advancement (why would you want to?)

Perhaps if you actually went into a store you might understand why sales are down. For a business that has around for half a century, you would think that they could advertise to people that they sell more than just recliners. Also, get some chairs that dont look like they are from the 50s. Seriously, younger generations come in to buy furniture and are horrified by the outdated furniture and fabrics and walk out. The majority of the sales are to people who around when the company started. Quit pushing the fabric protection that no one wants. Quit forcing employees those stupid black folders (you change the name of them every 3 months). Customers only get pissed when you hound them for their personal information. One customer actually thought I was asking to draw their living room layout so I could rob them. Quit having sales every holiday, but only mark down some items. Mark down all the items, or actually pick something people will want to buy. Have a computer system in place so customers can see what their chair would look like in a fabric instead of having them hold up a small piece of cloth to furniture. I could go on and on and on....

There are newer employer reviews for La-Z-Boy.

Worked for La-Z-Boy? Contribute to the Community!