15 Years of Energy and Opportunity

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for LaBov & Beyond for over 15 years. It has been one of the most meaningful and inspiring work experiences I've ever had. The quality ethics, energy and opportunity here are simply amazing; glad to be here.

Cons

Not really a con, but it is a high-energy, fast paced work environment. Not everyone can handle it, and I've seen some people burn out pretty fast. Other than that, I can't think of anything big. You get out of it what you put into it, here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Faded Glory

Former Employee - Interactive in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Interactive in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

History of great design and great clients
    Scrappy and determined -- can usually pull off some pretty amazing things on a shoestring
    Used to be pretty flexible about work arrangements and had several off-site employees

Cons

Generally works on a shoestring but pays on one, too. I went from working in a department of several specialists to having to do everything but apps myself but my pay didn't reflect all the extra skills I was providing that would have cost the company a lot to have to hire additional people to do. Instead, they actually removed the "senior" from my title "because you're the only one" as if I didn't know it was so they could pay me less in the long term. Just unbelievably cheap. They changed vacation pay to PTO and then announced this meant they didn't have to pay out anything when someone quit (which many people were doing), so by the time I got smart and left, I didn't get a dime of my hard-earned vacation time.

"The Firm" of Fort Wayne

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They boast some national clients and a chance to get big time experience. I guess you can put their brands on your resume. And you get paid okay for the work you do.

Cons

I have never worked at a company that had a more passive aggressive environment. Once you are in, you find yourself in a place that seems really positive but it is all a facade. They boast ethics but they are questionable. They focus on family values, but often point fingers at each other. Honestly, it is like a cult environment where the leadership all bows and agrees with the man with his name on the door -- but they are paid to do so.

Advice to Management

Give the little people a chance to make you better -- it can't last forever.