LaFrance
www.lafrancecorp.com Concordville, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A nice laidback place to work, as long as you don't mind the below average pay.

IT Programmer (Current Employee)
Concordville, PA

ProsIts a very laid back work environment. They generally accept projects to be completed whenever they are completed, with no real deadlines breathing down your neck. The company has a diverse group of employees, with the majority of entry level positions filled by recent college graduates. Somewhat flexible hours, it is not unusual for the CEO to call a half day when there is a special event going on on that day i.e. (major sports team playing during work hours).

ConsSome of the managers hired are either very anal with their employees or are incompetent at their job.The pay is below average in all positions across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at the under performing employees and managers, and replace them with someone that actually takes pride in their work.

Marketing and business development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LaFrance full-time

Pros: I spend 11 years at LaFrance and it was the best education in business that I could have asked for. The company promotes itself… Cons: LaFrance gets a bad rap on this site. Short term - promotions may seem slow and management decisions may seem… Advice to Senior Management: Increasing the flexibility of the work environment would do wonders… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of opportunity, appreciate hard workers

Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Concordville, PA

I worked at LaFrance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Casual dress, nice work environment, established policies, family owned, managed with the long term… Cons: Lots of travel which may or may not be a good thing,… Advice to Senior Management: Don't let slackers or poor performers stay. It's ok… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LaFrance.

Worked for LaFrance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LaFrance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LaFrance CEO George Barrar. All reviews posted anonymously by LaFrance employees.