LaFrance

www.lafrancecorp.com
  www.lafrancecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for LaFrance

LaFrance offers a nice environment but does not provide the opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros

There is a very laid back vibe at the office. Workers dress casual and they try to portray a family atmosphere within the workplace.

Cons

The upper management is slow to make decisions and you are not judged on your performance. Seniority plays a very large role in promotions. When I started working at LaFrance I was told by other employees that it doesn't matter how hard you work, its how long you worked there. There were people in mid level management that showed less capability then entry level employees but had received promotions and company cell phones because they had been with the company since it began.

The senior management team had a large problem with the growth the company had from 2005 to 2007. Their work staff doubled and they brought in talented ambitious individuals that out preformed the current staff. When the economic crisis hit they were extremely slow to change team structure to benefit business. Needless to say they are now headed to bankruptcy.

Decisions need to be made swiftly and employees should be judged on performance not seniority.

17 Other Employee Reviews for LaFrance (View Most Recent)

A nice laidback place to work, as long as you don't mind the below average pay.

Current Employee - IT Programmer in Concordville, PA
    Current Employee - IT Programmer in Concordville, PA

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros

Its a very laid back work environment. They generally accept projects to be completed whenever they are completed, with no real deadlines breathing down your neck. The company has a diverse group of employees, with the majority of entry level positions filled by recent college graduates. Somewhat flexible hours, it is not unusual for the CEO to call a half day when there is a special event going on on that day i.e. (major sports team playing during work hours).

Cons

Some of the managers hired are either very anal with their employees or are incompetent at their job.The pay is below average in all positions across the board.

Take a hard look at the under performing employees and managers, and replace them with someone that actually takes pride in their work.

Good place to start your career

I worked at LaFrance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the fact that they give you half days off before a holiday, this is unheard of and really makes for high morale! If the local sports teams were winning you may get off early to catch a game.

Cons

Most disappointing is CEO humiliating workers in company meetings. You have to have thick skin at this company and roll with it rather than take it personal. If you speak out of turn or do not answer the CEOs answer correctly he will make you sit under the table for instance, or leave the meeting. IMO this was not professional. I also didn't care for how much complaining coworkers did, I wish there was more of a team feel to the working environment.

Managers need drop the "do as I say not as I do" live by your example and your workers may get in a better team oriented mood!

There are newer employer reviews for LaFrance