LaFrance

Lost in translation

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Concordville, PA
Current Employee - Regional Manager in Concordville, PA

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros

Work Environment
Communication
Small Company so approachable management

Cons

Always changing direction
Hard to grasp job goals
Favoritism
No professional growth

Need a training process

16 Other Employee Reviews for LaFrance (View Most Recent)

Laid Back Company with Narrow-minded management, no respect for employees

I worked at LaFrance

Pros

I would say LF is a very laid back place, with flexible schedule and casual environment.

Cons

To sum up, inefficient company.....The upper management is very narrow-minded, they only listen to people who are in the "trust-circle", and they have a philosophy that all employees are replaceable, anyone can do one's job when one's placed in a "structure", they don't invest in their employees so they can grow, very short-sighted, and thus they also pay very low respect to their employees

No hope basically, I would have to say they need to replace the whole management team to uproot its unhealthy philosophy

LaFrance offers a nice environment but does not provide the opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros

There is a very laid back vibe at the office. Workers dress casual and they try to portray a family atmosphere within the workplace.

Cons

The upper management is slow to make decisions and you are not judged on your performance. Seniority plays a very large role in promotions. When I started working at LaFrance I was told by other employees that it doesn't matter how hard you work, its how long you worked there. There were people in mid level management that showed less capability then entry level employees but had received promotions and company cell phones because they had been with the company since it began.

The senior management team had a large problem with the growth the company had from 2005 to 2007. Their work staff doubled and they brought in talented ambitious individuals that out preformed the current staff. When the economic crisis hit they were extremely slow to change team structure to benefit business. Needless to say they are now headed to bankruptcy.

Decisions need to be made swiftly and employees should be judged on performance not seniority.

There are newer employer reviews for LaFrance