LaFrance

www.lafrancecorp.com

Small private company in need of help

Project Manager (Current Employee) Concordville, PA

ProsLaFrance (LF) has a clean and casual work environment. When it is doing well, the company has numerous company sponsored events that promote a fun team environment. The majority of the company is 35 and under.

ConsMicro management seems to be the encouraged style here, from top to bottom. Growth and opportunity for advancement is extremely small at LF. Salaries are only OK for college grads, but raises are hardly acknowledgeable. Manufacturing capabilities of the company are limited investment in improving them are slim. Retirement plans are dependent on the employee, as LF basically doesn't make any contributions outside of profit sharing. Paid vacations are limited (10 days/yr) to start, with minimal increase every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter the massive layoffs, LF is left with the most experienced employees and they continue to complete the workload that is only increasing. However, we have received minimal, if any, monetary reward. They haven't offered additional time off or other options to make up for this. We are treated like school children, where we HAVE to be in the office 8:30 to 5, and lunch from only 12 to 12:30 or 12:30 to 1. We are only allowed to flex once a month in the summers, and even that is frowned upon. Management needs to realize that if an employee works from home on occasion, it is not the end of the world. We send emails all day long to customers and to our team in China.

Lost in translation

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Concordville, PA

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros: Work Environment Communication Small Company so approachable management Cons: Always changing direction Hard to grasp job goals Favoritism No professional growth Advice to Senior Management: Need a training process More

Laid Back Company with Narrow-minded management, no respect for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LaFrance

Pros: I would say LF is a very laid back place,… Cons: To sum up, inefficient company.....The upper management is very narrow-minded, they only listen to people who are in the "trust-circle", and they have a… Advice to Senior Management: No hope basically, I would have to say they need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LaFrance.

Worked for LaFrance? Contribute to the Community!