LaFrance

Friendly and clueless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LaFrance

Pros

Friendly and decent management practices. Reasonable salary and benefits. Convenient location. Small enough to make understanding the operation and people possible.

Cons

Striking ignorance of best practices for information technology and sharing. Stolid immobility in the face of technological challenges and opportunities.

The first step in recovery is to understand the situation candidly. This is difficult for companies and substance abusers. The current management is remarkably self-satisfied, so this is a huge hurdle.

16 Other Employee Reviews for LaFrance (View Most Recent)

Small private company in need of help

Current Employee - Project Manager in Concordville, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Concordville, PA

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros

LaFrance (LF) has a clean and casual work environment. When it is doing well, the company has numerous company sponsored events that promote a fun team environment. The majority of the company is 35 and under.

Cons

Micro management seems to be the encouraged style here, from top to bottom. Growth and opportunity for advancement is extremely small at LF. Salaries are only OK for college grads, but raises are hardly acknowledgeable. Manufacturing capabilities of the company are limited investment in improving them are slim. Retirement plans are dependent on the employee, as LF basically doesn't make any contributions outside of profit sharing. Paid vacations are limited (10 days/yr) to start, with minimal increase every year.

After the massive layoffs, LF is left with the most experienced employees and they continue to complete the workload that is only increasing. However, we have received minimal, if any, monetary reward. They haven't offered additional time off or other options to make up for this. We are treated like school children, where we HAVE to be in the office 8:30 to 5, and lunch from only 12 to 12:30 or 12:30 to 1. We are only allowed to flex once a month in the summers, and even that is frowned upon. Management needs to realize that if an employee works from home on occasion, it is not the end of the world. We send emails all day long to customers and to our team in China.

Lost in translation

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Concordville, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Concordville, PA

I have been working at LaFrance

Pros

Work Environment
    Communication
    Small Company so approachable management

Cons

Always changing direction
    Hard to grasp job goals