LaVan & Neidenberg

There are newer employer reviews for LaVan & Neidenberg

Legal Assistant

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Plantation, FL
Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work envirmonment & room for growth within the organization

Cons

Benefits are mediocre, Vacation pay is only 1 week of with Non-Paid Time Off must be taken 1st, & Health Insurance is a little high.

Please allow your employees to have the option of taking either their paid or unpaid days off. These days have been earned by the employee, so they should have the right to choose whether their off day should be paid or unpaid. We have employees who come to work everyday, and take no days off, so this is unfair to these type of employees who would like to take a paid vacation that year.

56 Other Employee Reviews for LaVan & Neidenberg (View Most Recent)

L & N Review

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very controlled environment. Very little understanding for life outside of the firm. We are on the phones for 95% of our work day, why can't we get a paid break?

Missing any time at work, planned or unplanned is not viewed well.

The company changes it's way of doing things too quickly. It's like working on shifting sand.

Benefits are very expensive and difficult for us to afford. Vacation time is unpaid for your first year and most holidays are unpaid. If you last more than a year, your vacation time is split between unpaid and paid, but you have to use your unpaid first...why can't we choose?

There is a definite feeling of favoritism. You know who the golden children are here.

Cons

Pay is ok. Sometimes we get bonuses. You can move around in the company, so you have an opportunity to learn more.

Its a place to get your career started.

Listen to us, respect our needs, take our negative comments as ways to improve. We just want your approval for our hard work.

Great company with freedom

Current Contractor - Legal Field Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Legal Field Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The three years I have been working here, I never had a slow day. The work load is always steady and at times a bit overwhelming...a good 'problem' to have.
    The people I deal with have been kind and quick on responding to any issues or concerns I have.
    My specific position allows me to work independently, which is a BIG plus.

Cons

For my specific position, there is no room for growth. The job I am doing will be the same job for years to come.

Have more of a 'family' atmosphere for those of us working independently. Have more function(s) (even once a year) where we can all get to meet one another.
    Offer opportunities for employees to offer suggestions that will benefit the company and then reward the suggestion(s) that work best.

There are newer employer reviews for LaVan & Neidenberg