There are newer employer reviews for LabAnswer

LabAnswer - Leading Laboratory Informatics firm - great company to work for!

Current Employee - Informatics Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Informatics Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LabAnswer

Pros

The ability to work at home and the opportunity to expand your skill-set. Also the ability to work on very interesting and challenging projects.

Cons

Since most of the employees work at their homes or on client sites, there are only a few times during the year where we get to meet as a company. LabAnswer hosts two weekend trips for the entire company which is a great place to catch up. The fall trip you can bring your spouse/significate other. It's also a lot of fun.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

What you See is not What you Get

I worked at LabAnswer full-time

Pros

Company has decent fringe benefits package. Well known company within pharma computer systems consulting world. Company is solid when it comes to revenue. Good opportunities to travel.

Cons

Unrealistic due dates. You end up working over 40 hours a week and chances to get paid overtime is next to zero. Double standards: What management preaches and how things actually work, are two different things. Mass production "conveyer belt" type environment. Many new consultants hired everyday, while many escape or are being layed off simultaneously. Consultant constantly under pressure to deliver and under close monitoring. No room for mistakes. Once on a project, help is limited to call outs to other companions. They are sogenerally so busy and under presssure that sometimes they ignore you. Do or die situation. Change of priorities almost daily Little job security. Management will not hestitate in tossing you out if they no longer have an immediate need for you.

Advice to Management

When you climb up a latter, always think of all the steps you have put your foot on to reach the top.

2. LIMS Consulting Powerhouse

I have been working at LabAnswer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at LabAnswer for about a year and a half. They have some of the best consultants that I have ever worked with before. I am given the opportunity to learn both from a business and technical perspective. I found management to be supportive from a people point of view and extremely knowledgeable (and willing to share that experience with the consultants). Strong career opportunity and training plan. 100% focused on Informatics which is really nice!

Cons

- travel can be extensive

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work