Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at LabCorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent Pay, with retirement, and health insurance

Cons

High Demand, Mandatory overtime, high employee turnover

Hire more employees

Other Reviews for LabCorp

Its a job

Current Employee - Patient Service Tech  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Tech in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LabCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

They were willing to hire me. My schedule is regular hours M-F. I am getting lots of variety for the blood draws.

Cons

Vacation time is difficult to get. Frequently short staffed due to lack of coverage for people being out sick or on vacation. Hearsay from other employees easily makes it onto reviews.

Just because wait times go down it doesn't mean that we can do a bunch more stuff.

This company should be call Hell Corp

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in San Diego, CA

I worked at LabCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience drawing blood, working on computer,dealing with doctors, patients.

Cons

Working in a drawing station where you have to input the orders, draw patients, process the blood and working with other coworkers who made mistakes in labeling. You would have to make cash deposits on your own time, "on your lunch break or on your way home from work." Many a day where we would have to clock out for breaks and and lunch, but they were working breaks and lunch. Seeing 70+ patients before lunch where you and one other co worker would be drawing, inputing the orders in the computer, processing the blood & urine and having management telling you better work faster or she would move you to a busier place. Not being able to schedule vacation time and time off or if you did, you wouldn't know until the week before if you got any time off. Calling in sick you were allow to before 3 hours before you start time, so you would have to call in at 3am in the morning and keep on calling every 15 minutes until your supervisor pickup the phone. They were so surprised when I gave my 2 week noticed.

There are newer employer reviews for LabCorp.

Worked for LabCorp? Contribute to the Community!