LabCorp

www.labcorp.com
  www.labcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for LabCorp

In 8 years at this company I have held 4 different positions. The opportunites to advance your career are numerous.

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Burlington, NC
Current Employee - Project Analyst in Burlington, NC

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

LabCorp has a lot of vacation time for employees (18 days to start and 6 holidays). Also, medical insurance is cheaper than most companies.

Cons

It's a large company (26,000 employees), so upper management may see entire departments as $$ to be saved when it comes to layoffs. So sometimes you feel like just another number.

Communicate. Although this issue is improving, there is still a lot of room to improve communication from management to the people who do the work. We like to know where we are headed, it helps us to improve our motivation to go above and beyond our normal duties.

376 Other Employee Reviews for LabCorp (View Most Recent)

Burlington NC CEO needs to know what is going on in the Southwestern Division of Arizona.

Current Employee - PST Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - PST Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

Wonderful co-workers within the lab.

Cons

No time off when needed. Can't call in sick. No overtime pay. Can't get in touch with Management when needed. No respect from Management. No Management backing. Constant nit picking from Management. Management is basically not there for us and telling us we are a tem. We are basically on our own. They are more interested in past due patient amounts owed that "billing" should be dealing with not the individual lab sites. Bottom line they want money and don't care about their employees or the patients.

Get with the program! Employees need help! It's not "black and white"! Management needs to listen to their employees.

It's a decent job but definitely not on any top tier lists

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LabCorp

Pros

You are fairly independent from the dealings of management, typically flexible hours and decent enough paid time off, free employee lab testing, reasonable 401(k) matching, the employee stock purchase option is a big plus, consistency in workflow.

Cons

Strange bureaucratic processes when applying for IT access, ordering supplies. Company doesn't seem to be on the apex of laboratory/technological innovation. Not as exciting as working for a large hospital, etc.

Although you're a "laboratory professional" you feel like you are working on an assembly line and the company does nothing to help alleviate that feeling either. Career potential is spotty given that it could possibly take years to even advance one notch.

New grads and new employees entering the field need to be given a vision about where they can go with the company. The bottom line is not all that counts.

There are newer employer reviews for LabCorp