There are newer employer reviews for LabCorp

Typical Short-Sighted Corporate Attitude

I have been working at LabCorp full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Industry outlook is good.

Cons

Focus seems heavily weighted towards short-term financial performance rather than investing in R&D or capital improvements that would pay off in the longer term. Staffing is also kept to the bare minimum often resulting in overtime and keeping employees from having time to come up with, work on and implement improvements to the systems that would increase efficiency - again, in the long term.

Identify key employees and make sure they aren't spending time on more mundane tasks when they could be innovating and pushing the company forward.

336 Other Employee Reviews for LabCorp (View Most Recent)

corporate slavesoco

Former Employee - Patient Service Technician  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LabCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

no direct supervision, OT, travel expenses, health benefits, stock options, 401k etc

Cons

expect you to do the job of two people in an 8 hr work day
    clock out for lunch and still work to avoid OT complaints
    why should I do data entry?
    why should I do Bill Collections?
    i refuse to speak spanish if Im not paid to do so
    hello MedicaL :)
    No incentives for working in CDC stat locations with HIV or HCV
    No communication btwn account MGrs & IPAs so you get to be the a**hole to tel the patient we do not accept their IPA
    Lab Supplies on backorder.... ALWAYS
    3% yearly raise

Milk it

You'll most likely leave or become a zombie

Current Employee - Medical Technologist
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist

I have been working at LabCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work required is easy.

Cons

Critical thought is frowned upon. There are no operational procedures for important assays (a new employee is expected to learn from other, senior employees who can barely speak English). The non-English speaking employees don't listen when someone speaks, and thus, they waste time in problem-solving situations. The senior employees aren't even basically computer literate. Overall, the work environment is hostile, with a lot of condescension directed toward new employees, especially if they attempt process improvement. This is essentially a factory.

Examples:
    1. One employee didn't believe that I'd correctly classified a sample, and, thus, chose to dig through a hazardous waste container to find the discarded test tube.
    2. In all seriousness, I was yelled at for not saying "Good morning" on a daily basis.

If you are genuinely interested in science or ingenuity, you will be unsatisfied in this environment. I'm unsure as to why they bother to hire post-baccalaureate candidates when someone less educated would be more adaptive to this particular workplace. It's my opinion that an advanced high school student could perform the tasks given to those with an understanding of chemistry that required years of refinement.

Additionally, I'm concerned that the inanity of these positions contribute to cognitive decline/depression, and general existential angst.

There are newer employer reviews for LabCorp

Worked for LabCorp? Contribute to the Community!