LabCorp

www.labcorp.com

Good job but with frustrating days.

Current Employee - SME  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - SME in New York, NY

Pros

The best thing about this company is the quality of the testing. I've heard over and over that our test results are very stable and consistent unlike those of the smaller regional laboratories.

Cons

Too much bureacracy is killing morale and efficiency. To get the simplest thing done for a client, you have to fill out a form. To make sure we pick up specimens from a client, there's a form. If you're i's aren't dotted and t's aren't crossed ON those forms, it's kicked back for you to re-do.

Oh, and if you're not part of the Wonderbread club, it's going to be difficult to advance up the ladder.

Make the job for sales people easier. They are the heart and soul of driving new business in and internal growth through customer acquistion versus company acquisition is always more cost effective.

Other reviews for LabCorp

I worked in Clinical Trials for LabCorp, it has limited growth for my career path, but not a bad place to start.

Former Employee - Lab Assistant  in  Cranford, NJ
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Cranford, NJ

Pros

Global exposure, experience, friend co-workers

Cons

management is very poor, no benefits for higher education pursuits, salary increase is very dismal.

Great!

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Mesa, AZ

Pros

very together,very easy system to deal with which allows more time spent on patient care and a qucik process for the patient.

Cons

1 coworker was not so easy on me as far a training in the first week, but I spoke up to her in private and she eventually laid off

maybe make sure all is good with coworkers and their work place. Management is not really around much which is noce working independantly is awesome but from time to time you should make and appreance and speak to EACH employee to make sure of possible concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for LabCorp.

Worked for LabCorp? Contribute to the Community!