Labatt Food Service

There are newer employer reviews for Labatt Food Service

Memoirs of a Labatt Programmer

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Labatt Food Service full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I believe everyone's entitled to their opinion, so here's mine. And please don't be alarmed or angered, but it's a positive review.

I've been with Labatt for almost six years now as a software developer. I've seen many changes and growth in this department over the years that have left me very optimistic about the future of this company. In this time we've matured greatly not just in our software development process, but also in our structure. I think we have a great mentor/mentee process for new hires. And in fact, I just recently had the pleasure of working with a new hire on developing a completely new system from the ground up, and I feel it was a very rewarding experience for both of us. Management greatly encourages employees to be creative, to push the boundaries, to seek out and make use of the latest and greatest technology. And obviously will put their money where their mouth is and pay for books, training, hardware/software, etc. And I've never had any issue whatsoever, from day one, with going into my manager's office and talking openly about anything that was on my mind. And you know what, I've always felt that they sincerely care about me and want to help me.

We're still learning, we're still growing, we're not the IT department we know we can be yet. But if you want to be in a place where you're not just producing cogs, where you can see a system through from start to finish that will have a direct impact on the bottom line, where people will listen to your ideas, where hard work and dedication are truly rewarded (and quite handsomely I might add), then give Labatt a try.

This has been my experience, and I'm happy to share it. If Labatt didn't work out for some people, I would just say "to each his own". But there are a lot of smart people here who are working hard to put Labatt on the IT map.

Cons

I think a lot of the negative reviews are coming from people who have had a negative experience in the analyst role. And I will agree that there has to be some more effort put into creating a little more structure and development for that position. In fairness though, we do have some seasoned analysts who seem quite happy.

Golly you guys are doing a swell job! <--- have at it comment section trolls! :)

31 Other Employee Reviews for Labatt Food Service (View Most Recent)

Just over one year of employment with Labatt I am very satisfied and am looking forward to many more years.

Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Labatt Food Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like the diverse opportunities and challenges given to me right from the start as an analyst. Coming in you have an immediate opportunity to work on significant projects that impact the company's bottom line as well as interact with top management. I have worked at other places and the level of impact a new employee can make is very unique here.

In addition, team members not only work together in small groups, but share a lot of after activities.

Cons

You need to be a self starter from the very beginning. You will get guidance and help, but don't expect any hand holding. It is a diverse place and there is a lot to learn very early.

Perhaps, empathize more with the new hire employees straight out of college. For some this is their first place of employment. and this can be a difficult adjustment.

This place is more like a cult than a company

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Labatt Food Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Fellow drivers are cool.
    -Pay is ok but you work your life away for it

Cons

-No vacation first years
    -13+ hours a day starting at two in the morning
    -If your hired for a certain spot dont expect to move up, they promote outside the company
    -management is hard to talk too they are all about themselves
    - if you get hurt they will treat you like complete crap and try to screw you over

Get over yourselves your not gods gift to the world.

There are newer employer reviews for Labatt Food Service