Labatt Food Service

www.labattfood.com
  www.labattfood.com
There are newer employer reviews for Labatt Food Service

All the benefits of a firmly-established company, with the mindset of a start-up

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Computer Programmer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Labatt Food Service full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has embraced technology at all levels and makes a very concentrated effort to seek out the latest technologies and practices. There is a very real culture of professionalism and constant learning, and the company invests heavily in helping developers evolve and hone their craft (internal/external training, r&d projects, books, etc). Hard work is definitely noticed, recognized and rewarded. Great work-life balance, I've never had to worry about having to leave early or making an appointment, and management is really understanding when it comes to tending to family matters.

Cons

Paid holidays and vacation days are on the low side of the IT industry standard, but on-par with food distribution industry. The IT department is relatively small so there is no clear path to a traditional management position, which may or may not be an issue since, again, you are definitely compensated for the work you put in.

I feel sometimes that developers don't get enough face time with senior management. Most communication with senior management happens via project leads or business leads, which I understand is for reasons of efficiency. However, I think there needs to be a better process for empowering up-and-coming developers to play a more active leadership role.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Labatt Food Service (View Most Recent)

Labatt is a company that I have enjoyed working more at than any other company

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Labatt Food Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. Family atomosphere and aknowlegement for those who do a good job.
    2. Great pay and benefits.
    3. Something you do hear a lot and it is very true even in negative reviews, great Co-workers who are bright, intelligent and fun to work with.
    4. Very upstart work environment, when you have your position, you are the one who decides how best to accomplish your work. Very little micromanagement in the Labatt structure. That is great for a person who is very self motivated.
    5. Great Mentorship program that will team you will people who will be vested in your success.

I have been at Labatt for over 20 years, It was my 4th job out of college and I was 29 when I started coming from a very similar industry. I have seen the company grow 10 fold since I have been here from 133 million to over 1 billion. I work with so many wonderful co-workers both men and women who started around the same time I did and very many talented young people who have been here anywhere from 1 to 5 years plus. Labatt is no more political than any other companies that I worked for in the past. I would say they are less in a fair comparison to other companies I have worked at to include HEB and Cargill. Certainly the amount of Women in our senior management is very strong proof of that. I challenge you to find a more diversified work force in our industry than Labatt.

I personally have had a very positive experience working for Labatt. I have been part of a great company who has had stellar growth in a very competitive industry, where people care about one of the most important resources around, other people. .

Cons

1. Company is not filled with management structure. If you need a lot of guidance and supervision, may not be your kind of place to work. .
    2. Paid time off is very similar to Retail Grocery, so if you requre a lot of PTO, this may not be an industry of your liking.

Expand mentorship program to all departments in the company,

Dont you believe it!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Former Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Labatt Food Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Monday thru friday paid every week.

Cons

. A major pay raise would have helped me stay here. Instead of making their building bigger spending millions, you would think they would have invested in their employees. Considering these things, This is still a great place to work.

Please stop adding all these positive reviews that are simply untrue. Just take care of the most important things. .... The one's who are making your business successful. If you take care of them they will most definitely take care of you.

There are newer employer reviews for Labatt Food Service