Labor Finders: A Great Place To Work Until The Industry Tanked

I worked at Labor Finders

Pros

People at home office are nice, there's a family atmosphere within the franchises, and they do take their hourly workers seriously most of the time. Compensation is competitive, time off plans are fair. For almost ten years, Labor Finders was my ideal job.

Cons

Poor upper management to branch-level communications, head-in-the-sand approach to problem solving in current economic climate. I spent more than two years telling my franchise owner that the staffing industry in my city was about to take a nosedive. He did not take me seriously until my numbers dropped - then I was fired after almost a decade of faithful service (I didn't take vacations, took a pay cut, etc.). If my boss had listened to me for the two years previous - during which time he spent less than a week in my city - he would have been aware of the economic climate here, and I probably could have implemented any of the several plans I had to save his profits and my job.

Advice to Management

Labor Finders franchises are in dire need of district or regional managers to keep an eye on geographically diverse branch locations. The profit margin goals are unrealistic in this economy when other staffing agencies are undercutting by ten percent or more. And frankly, folks, you need to get out there and spend some time in the offices. Fewer motivational seminars - more "feet on the street" attention might have helped you before I and others lost their jobs and you lost money.

reviews filtered by

Was Ok Except for Incompetent President of Sparrow Enterprises

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Labor Finders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers and Area Directors and the opportunity to find people a job. Made it easy to sleep knowing you were helping employers and employees

Cons

The President. Not Smart,,, Motivation through fear not leadership. He said one thing and did another. Half the time could not remember what he had said. Used company emails to push political agendas, Let people work knowing they had stolen from company, Made promises that he didn't keep, offered bonuses then recanted, all the while claiming to be a born again Christian.

Advice to Management

The president needs to step down and let a real leader lead.

2. Have to fight for everything!

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Labor Finders

Pros

My corporation made me like I was more than an employee. They empowered each branch to make their own decisions!

Cons

Lack of communication, lack of consistency among the branches, low commission and salary, life revolves around work, cheapest corporation!!!

Advice to Management

Strengthen communication between corporate and branches. Ensure each branch is consistent with policies. Learn the laws on white collar base salaries and pay accordingly. We already make peanuts so don't threaten what little commission we make each time we need to bend our margins a little - it really affects morale!