There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready

You are treated as a temporary worker although you are working for the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Great in 2000 but company lost focus in 2007 and beyond

Cons

you are on call 24 hrs a day just like the temps

126 Other Employee Reviews for Labor Ready (View Most Recent)

Fair and Honest, get what you put into it

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

As a manager, I am given more than sufficient training in employment, sales and coaching. They are very concerned about doing things ethically. Doing the right thing is real for them. It's not just an image thing. Time off and benefits are great,, Medical for me is $52 every two weeks before subtracting a $250 credit for taking an annual physical. They treat managers well.

Cons

I have the experience and ability to do a job 2 paygrades higher than I am. I thought I should "get in the door" prove myself and advance. Wrong. You must put in years at your present position before advancement possibilities exist. Sales stategy is too vague. Need to sharpen it to the company/goal and conduct real world training to the branch Managers. Minimum Sales impact would be double digit increases.

In this economy there is a lot of talent available. Much of the upper management was "Battlefield promoted" when times were better. They have an opportunity to load talent and let go of those less able to do the job. They are well positioned within an industry ready to explode.

Very positive.

Current Employee - Temp Worker - Driving Cars for Local Auto Auction (Adesa)  in  Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Temp Worker - Driving Cars for Local Auto Auction (Adesa) in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

Does not hold your past employment history or criminal background against you.

Cons

Minimum wage. Have to call in each week before 5 AM to obtain job ticket for that day

Create a system where people don't have to call in at 5 AM for a job that starts at 8:30.

There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!