There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready

I was blessed to be working at this company when I got injured. They have been true to their word .

Current Employee - Landscape Laborer
Current Employee - Landscape Laborer

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

Always above board when dealing with me, or with my feedback on contractors we sub for. Actually, I think that's the best "pro" in working with them; they hold the temp employers/contractors accountable.

Cons

It is a temp labor-staffing organization, so it's not shangri-la, but they seem to treat their employees with dignity.

Advice to Management

They know their job; I do not know what else to add.

reviews filtered by
  1. Life As A Branch Manager

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

Short of working in an ER or as a fireman or police officer there is probably not a job out there where you can see the impact of your efforts. The people that register in your branch look to you every day to help them pay their bills and feed their families.

Cons

Be prepared mentally and emotionally for negativity. Many businesses are struggling to keep their doors open, so they may not be open to the possibility that your service will take even more money out of their pockets (actually you'll most likely be saving them time, money and effort). Also, in many markets business people are inundated with salespeople pushing their wares and services, so be prepared for that negativity also.

Advice to Management

Do a better job preparing new Branch Managers. Two to three weeks in a training branch isn't enough. Each district should have new managers ride out with the successful BMs in the area to learn how its done in the local market, on top of any time spent with the District Manager.

2. Drained at the end of each day.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Educational assistance. High turnover rate creates job openings which are predominately only available only if you want to relocate to another area/state.

Cons

The poor quality of temp workers recruited keeps customers from having faith in this company. Company edict to keep pay levels at state mandated minimum wage level drives good temps to other services.