Labor Ready

www.laborready.com
There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready

Unrealistic expectations and low pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Labor Ready does try to encourage its full-time employees with bonuses and other "give-aways." Their training program is also quite acceptable and helpful.

Cons

1. Low pay for full-time Customer Service Representatives. Because I did not want to go through another lengthy period of unemployment, I took a $3.00 an hour paycut to work at Labor Ready. $12.00 an hour is not enough for the kind of commitment and hard work that LR expects from its employees.
2. Less-than-truthful advertised job descriptions...I did not know, nor was I informed, that I would be expected to work nights and weekends when needed. There was one weekend that I had to make 5 trips to the office (a total of more than 120 miles) and was not reimbursed for any of my mileage.
3. Unrealistic expectations...Labor Ready advertises itself as a 24/7 "on demand" agency, but this puts undue pressure on both its full-time branch staff and its temporary associates. It is unrealistic to expect that temporary associates can be instantly ready and able to come to work at a moment's notice. People do have lives of their own! Furthermore, Labor Ready does not want to pay overtime to either its temporary associates or its full-time employees, yet they expect you to fill a job order that comes in late in the day, with only a very few minutes left before closing time.
4. Dirty, unattractive offices, and outdated computer equipment.
5. Critical, unrealistic branch managers.

You need to raise the starting pay for your Customer Service Representatives and be willing to pay overtime when its needed. You also need to be realistic about your "on demand" service.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Labor Ready (View Most Recent)

Get settled in... No advancement, promotions, or raises!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, Gain lots of office experience

Cons

LOTS of being on call, low pay, horrible horrible office-- most are disgusting!

Need more incentives and opportunities to advance for CSR;s and Managers...

Good for quick cash

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for Labor Ready was good for quick cash if you couldn't find any other work.
    You can find try different tasks to see what kind of work interests you.
    A person can acquire different skills to make themselves marketable.
    Flexibility in work schedule if you are looking for something permanent or retired.

Cons

The employee is always going to be paid minimum wage even if the person is a skilled employee. The employee had to show up an hour to two hours early to see if they were going to have work for the day. If you drive 15 to 30 miles daily you lost money due to the gas if there was no job for you. You would work 8 hours that day, then having to show up at the office and wait another hour to get paid. There were no benefits and the person working there was always going to live in poverty.

Treat your employees like assets, not parasites. Appreciate the employee for taking time out of their lives to earn you revenue. Have sympathy for these people because they are only trying to put food on the tables.

There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready