Labor Ready

www.laborready.com
  www.laborready.com
There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready

Great people, incompetent corporation.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time

Pros

Branch managers are spectacular! Definitely some of the best in any industry. The corporate culture is also pretty good. Lots of positive reinforcement and encouragement.
Also we get to help people find work.

Cons

The corporation is run by good motives and big dreams. Lots of talk, very little forward motion. The intentions are there but the knowhow just isn't. It could change in time but I'm not holding my breath.
Also, everybody is universally underpaid and overtasked. They need to create more positions at the branch level.

The company is too large to manage. Start outsourcing the tech department and please cut overhead so that you can keep talented employees via better pay.

142 Other Employee Reviews for Labor Ready (View Most Recent)

Unrealistic expectations and low pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Labor Ready does try to encourage its full-time employees with bonuses and other "give-aways." Their training program is also quite acceptable and helpful.

Cons

1. Low pay for full-time Customer Service Representatives. Because I did not want to go through another lengthy period of unemployment, I took a $3.00 an hour paycut to work at Labor Ready. $12.00 an hour is not enough for the kind of commitment and hard work that LR expects from its employees.
    2. Less-than-truthful advertised job descriptions...I did not know, nor was I informed, that I would be expected to work nights and weekends when needed. There was one weekend that I had to make 5 trips to the office (a total of more than 120 miles) and was not reimbursed for any of my mileage.
    3. Unrealistic expectations...Labor Ready advertises itself as a 24/7 "on demand" agency, but this puts undue pressure on both its full-time branch staff and its temporary associates. It is unrealistic to expect that temporary associates can be instantly ready and able to come to work at a moment's notice. People do have lives of their own! Furthermore, Labor Ready does not want to pay overtime to either its temporary associates or its full-time employees, yet they expect you to fill a job order that comes in late in the day, with only a very few minutes left before closing time.
    4. Dirty, unattractive offices, and outdated computer equipment.
    5. Critical, unrealistic branch managers.

You need to raise the starting pay for your Customer Service Representatives and be willing to pay overtime when its needed. You also need to be realistic about your "on demand" service.

Get settled in... No advancement, promotions, or raises!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, Gain lots of office experience

Cons

LOTS of being on call, low pay, horrible horrible office-- most are disgusting!

Need more incentives and opportunities to advance for CSR;s and Managers...

There are newer employer reviews for Labor Ready