There are newer employer reviews for Lacoste

Miserable

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

-Given free wardrobe and very generous discount
-Requesting/getting time off

Cons

-Extremely poor treatment of employees, especially by senior management
-Regional managers do not check in with the store managers enough, so Store manager's behavior goes unchecked
-Lack of training and/or investment in employees-rather than trying to encourage, educate, and motivate, my manager constantly made me feel stupid, inadequate, and embarrassed me in front of other employees
-Very selective in enforcing rules-not everyone is treated equally
-Inability to trust anyone/ feeling like you have to constantly watch your back

Audit your Managing Directors at each store to ensure that they are actually doing their jobs well and treating employees fairly.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Lacoste (View Most Recent)

the customers suck.. and the job will kill you

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

Lacoste, at first, seemed like a good place to work; the people and management seemed very cool and working for the name Lacoste was something i liked to tell people. I really enjoyed learning about how the entire district worked and how the business worked; as a manager you were hands on about everything, down to little details.

Generous discount of 70% off.. but you are limited to 500$ in purchases each quarter. Uniform is also given to you, you recieve 8 polos when you start and wear a different color each day.

Long hours but you were working with people you learned to know and trust and had fun with.

Cons

Management is ridiculous. corporate management only cares about numbers and has no consideration for the people that work there. Management never enforced by use of positive feedback. I would always get yelled at if i did something wrong instead of being shown how to do it the correct way.

Pay is disgusting for my position. Apparently my store mgr made a decent salary, and sales associates made either 8.50 or 9$ an hour. but i wasn't making much more than them!

People love to steal from lacoste... disgusting customers stealing an entire wall of polo shirts on a saturday seemed like it was every weekend. Not only do the customers not speak english (most of the customers were european) but they are RUDE and make it impossible to perform the duties expected of you. Client capture is a big deal to corporate, but how can i get their information if they cant speak english!

Nobody wants to work there anymore since our store had a 'reputation' for being bad... so only the scum of the earth would apply, therefore the people did not represent the 'lacoste brand' and you were managing incapable people who you know would quit in a week or two.

Care about your employees. multiple times i heard of people getting fired and higher mgmt just says "we are finding the people who want to be here and will help us grow" Yeah well nobody wants to be there. sorry to tell you.

Stop trying to run the company like a small brand.. theres a lot of stores and communication sucks. So many time we would receive and email saying 'this polo shirt rings up 12.99$ at the register but thats a mistake please adjust it to $59.99." HOW IS THAT ACCEPTABLE for a company like lacoste?

Regional management has no idea whats going on at their stores because theyre too busy trying to open new stores and hire new management. Get with it.

I thought i loved this job, but it took a while for me to realize what it was really about.

Career and Life Limbo-An Honest Look at Lacoste/Devanlay

Former Employee - Managing Director
    Former Employee - Managing Director

I worked at Lacoste

Pros

+great discount and wardrobe allowance
    +attempts to retain small company feel
    +managing directors enjoy wonderful semi annual business trips

Cons

+compensation and benefits below average compared to other retailers
    +overall employee development and appreciation limited; however, if corporate politics are played well, you may get the lion's share of attention
    +ineffective communication; many last minute changes between corporate and stores
    +open communication not consistent at all levels
    +work environment is determined by district manager and/or managing director; you can have a good experience or be on the short end of the stick
    +opportunities for growth limited; they are available due to manager turnover but otherwise limited as the company struggles to remain profitable
    -ultimately difficulties lie in the fact that this company tries to operate like a small company and has small company resources when it is in fact a mid size/large company in operation

Promote open communication at all levels. Have corporate and stores communicating more effectively. Honestly, promote employee development and appreciation. Much of this has either been non existent or has "looked good on paper" and no more.

There are newer employer reviews for Lacoste

Worked for Lacoste? Contribute to the Community!